What's new

What interior dressing/protectant do you pros use.

Vvs1jay

Reaction score
For my interior details, I like to use the Q2M interior detailer by Geon. It's a bit pricey not going to lie, but it works very well at giving any vehicle a great clean with a matte not too shiny finish. I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, however, if you're just looking for something to use for yourself and not for commercial use then it will be a great product.. For my mobile interior details, I use a product from my personal supplier though.

traveler17

Reaction score
OK Guys, I know this is a pro forum, but I am asking this as a guy with a new toy that wants to keep it looking that way.

I've got a 2014 Mercedes that I bought through their certified pre-owned program. I was impressed when I picked it up. That baby looked new. It's got leather, and some suede like material (alcantara, a synthetic ) in some spots like the A-posts.

The car inside was clean and looked like it came off the showroom- the leather was supple, but not greasy or slick, and no detectable artificial scent that you would expect in a used car. I meant to ask the clean up guy what he used, but I forgot.

Anyway, do any of you guys have product recommendations for interior car care products from the pro lines? In addition to the normal mail order suppliers we use in the industry I do have access to supplies from a local meguirs/malco distributor, and will be placing an order with autogeek soon.

thanks!
The link is all I use now on boat and trucks. I detailed for a long time and didn’t find out about this until 6 or 7 years ago after I stopped. There are a number of different products they offer. Wish I would’ve found them when I was detailing

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have been detailing cars since 1983. First it was lemon pledge, then son of a gun. Then armorall. Now we use kleen shine vinyl dressing with great results. Customers like a clean semi gloss finish. They don't seem concerned with longevity or protection. This is New England, so maybe it's different in hotter climates.

soapy

Reaction score
I always use Meguiars Hyper Dressing. dilute 1 to 1 for a shiny finish and up to 4 to 1 for a satin finish. One product covers all the sheens people want. It is what I use on Mercedes.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes Meguiars is a great choice.

I just bought Meguiars #40.

washnshine

Reaction score
While it is true that you can cut down the shine/gloss if you dilute it, that also decreases its longevity and protection properties. If you want a lower gloss finish, it might be best just to use a product that provides that. I’ve used:

It is not for leather, but you can probably find lower shine leather protectors too.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you make a valid point. I have always cut my water-based interior dressings with more water. The results are always quite shiny in my opinion. I understand your point about longevity and protection. however, I have never had a customer report to me a lack of longevity or a perceived lack of protection. It should be noted that this is also The way I detail my own cars and my used car lot vehicles for sale. Even at the diluted rate, the price per gallon winds up being about $20 which seems just about right for the Cost of good sold to detail a car.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
YES. The Meguiars 40 as well as other vinyl dressings are great on stainless meter boxes, instruction signs and most all bay equipment.