What's new

What Happened?

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, but both the main server and the back-up server both failed, which was highly unlikely to ever happen. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the damages, but it's possible we've lost the archived data between the present and this past May. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
No, but both the main server and the back-up server both failed, which was highly unlikely to ever happen. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the damages, but it's possible we've lost the archived data between the present and this past May. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience!
Jackson,

I remember in some of the earlier days of the forum ... William Pitzer had his challenges. You would think that the technology would be more mature ... but that is not always the case.

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Mike. I'm using the best server / forum administrator service provider I could find, but obviously nothing's infallible.

Again, I apologize to everyone for this.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Did you or your host do daily offsite backups of the SQL database?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
So it's safe to say that we have lost 5 months of discussions?