What's new

What function should I add to my bays?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've seen a few washes attempt a remote dryer, whether a stand-alone Air Shamee type or a larger drive-thru. None of them were happy with the income.

STXCW

Reaction score
Go with the Air Shammee, our customers love them. Every time we pull up someone is using one. Also the 3 Phase units are definitely worth the extra upfront cost.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Update.

Decided to go with Simonize Hot Wax. It was easy to add, and I already have the chemical in my equip room for my tunnel.

Next year I will re-assess and go with Air Shammee.

docopp

Reaction score
I had the same dilemma a year ago...I looked into the several major blowers available.
My impression is Air Shammees are built ok, but Blasto-dry are built better for the same cost.
I installed 5 Blasto-drys in my 5 self serve bays about 6 months ago, their use is increasing.
I am glad I put them in, they are very very well built, zero problems so far.
Customers like them and compliment us for having them.
Mike Doyle and his brother own the company and you deal directly with Mike.
A straight up guy to deal with.
(I have no interest in their company, and I was a normal full price paying customer)
Ed :)

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I had the same dilemma a year ago...I looked into the several major blowers available.
My impression is Air Shammees are built ok, but Blasto-dry are built better for the same cost.
I installed 5 Blasto-drys in my 5 self serve bays about 6 months ago, their use is increasing.
I am glad I put them in, they are very very well built, zero problems so far.
Customers like them and compliment us for having them.
Mike Doyle and his brother own the company and you deal directly with Mike.
A straight up guy to deal with.
(I have no interest in their company, and I was a normal full price paying customer)
Ed :)
docopp (Ed) & other Blasto-Dry Users,

It sounds like maybe I had far too many concerns about the possible extra learning curve of the Blasto-Dry Wand for the end customers??? Maybe personally should have done more testing of the various blo-dry wand brands to see which actually dry the vehicle most efficiently etc???

To the best of my knowledge Mike Doyle & his the company way back in the middle eighties are the ones who pioneered & learned from an original blo dry that we had as early as 1987. I am sure their most recent version is much better .... I am not familiar enough with Air Shammee.

We are using a somewhat unique two fisted Southern Pride Wand on our current blo dry ... not sure if we would gain something by switching to the Air Shammee Wand or the Doyle Blasto-Dry Wand?

CleanMachine

Reaction score
I just has Diskin install his Air Shammee II in all 6 bays. I had a couple small problems and Troy came all the way down from ILL to GA to correct. I can't say enough good things about the product, Troy Diskin and his crew. They have been in exactly one week and were getting constant use on the weekend. I have the single motor mounted in the attic.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The air blowers are a great add-on for me. Lots of use from customers. I'm at my wash daily, so I hear how much they are used and it's alot. I recently put up new "washing instructions' signs and added 'air dry' as the last step in washing the vehicle. It's bound to increase blower use even more.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1591716082072.png This is the wand we use. I'm putting out a high-pressure wax that looks like Grade A U.S. Dairy Cream, so my drying results are fabulous!!!

Allen

Reaction score
I spray Rain-X through a foam gun. Makes a good foam that clings to the vehicle and leaves them looking great. It gets a lot of use.
Not sure if I'm making much money with it but may help to give me an edge over competition.