What's new

What do car wash service companies charge?

MEP001

Reaction score
I know one tech here in DFW that is always about a week out booked he does travel through out the state bc I have called him and he is 4hrs away on a job site.
Is it because he's that good or is there really that much of a shortage of good service in the DFW area?

Randy

Reaction score
Have you ever gotten the line "We'll get to ya when we can!" I'm just waiting for that to be a common line from 911 dispatchers here in the near future.
I've gotten that line a few times from 911 operators here. The county that my car wash is in the 911 dispatchers know me by my first name because I've called them so much. The county/city that I live in the police WILL NOT ! come for anything less than a shooting. They'll give you a case number on the phone then tell you go online and file a police report with the case number. It is such a cumbersome system it's almost impossible to file a police report, which is how they want it.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
CarWashes are owned by the widest variety of people anywhere. Im a coach, & as most on here can attest, i didn't know jack$hit about washes, & still barely do cause Im too busy to learn... half the owners I know are like me.
The physician-owned car wash needed significant repairs.

After receiving my quotation, he said, “Wow, I’m a doctor and I don’t make as much as you charge!”

I replied, “Yeah, I didn’t make that much money when I was a doctor, either.”😂

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Here in SoCal, there was a large car wash service company that charged $185 per hour, with a two hour minimum, and their policy was two techs per truck. So minimum of $740 just to have them show up.

And last time I talked to them, they wouldn't even service you if you didn't buy chemicals from them.

Perfect example of why we do 99% of all our own maintenance and repair.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Is it because he's that good or is there really that much of a shortage of good service in the DFW area?
The guy is very good in my opinion. He had a few washes before he went to just service only. I also think there is a shortage of good techs in this area that I know of. I don't really look because my guys do most of my repairs or I call my soap guy who does his best to talk us through any trouble shoot problems we have. It's been a while since I have had to call someone out bc in the end it comes only from one place.....the bottom line

soonermajic

Reaction score
Have u not paid attention to what I've put on here? You & I so had this conversation face2face a few yrs ago.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life. Seeing how it's been almost 2 years and alot has changed, anybody care to share what there rates are? Thanks in advance.