What's new

What did your Petit replace?

Bricks

Reaction score
My current wash puts out a pretty good wash, but it’s slow. My number one priority is to put out a clean vehicle.

Has anyone replaced an older machine with a Petit and regretted it?

I’m worried sick that I’ll get this new machine and it won’t do a good job washing unless I slow it down to a crawl…Then I’ll be in the same situation I’m in now, but with a machine payment that’s higher than the wash payment.
And who knows how many customers will find another wash because of the three weeks down time it will take for the install.
Thanks for any insight on this. Feel free to private message me if you’d rather not share on here.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I replaced a Ryko Softgloss and Radius with my 2 Petits.

Cleaning is done mostly at the chemistry side. The dual pump Petit will put a lot of pressure and water on the vehicle tho.

I have NEVER read nor heard any negative comments about the Petit.

DAWGWASH

Reaction score

Cleaning is done mostly at the chemistry side. The dual pump Petit will put a lot of pressure and water on the vehicle tho.

[/QUO

how was the cost comparison between the petit and Softgloss up front and on the cost of chemicals you use

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
how was the cost comparison between the petit and Softgloss up front and on the cost of chemicals you use
At the time Ryko was running specials for $99K for either the Radius for Softgloss. If I recall correctly I paid $240K for each Petit. Now I believe they are closer to $300K

The Petit will use ALOT more water than a fiction machine swell as soap. I did a price increase with the install.

ShinePro

Reaction score

I like your comment about chemistry!!!!!
Too much emphasis on steel and which unit
Not enough on chemistry!!!!!

washnshine

Reaction score
Very true. You can use a 4000 psi gas powered pressure washer on a dirty car and the paint you eventually remove will still have road film on it if you don’t use presoak.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score

For sure.

PSI and GPM play a important role also ;)

With that said. Other than a rubber diaphragm, I haven't replaced anything in nearly 2 years on my Petits. Incredible machines that are built like a stainless steel tank. I spent $600K at this site on the auto upgrades and I looked at every machine CLOSELY. The Petits stood out form the rest.