What's new

Went to count up mode in my bays

mac

Reaction score
The place I bought had half of the bays with Cryptoay in count down mode with Ginsan timers. Redid all bays with Dixmore timers and all with cards wipers set in count up mode. Results have been awesome. At first I thought people were just not pressing the stop button, but no one has called to complain. See many charges over $10. Used to be rare to see a charge over 5 or 6 bucks before the change. Should have the touch4wash installed in a week and will let you know results couple weeks after. Right now in our rainy season with rain EVERY afternoon so results will be somewhat squishy.

OurTown

Reaction score
What did you set your max $ per swipe?

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
I set my max price per swipe at $10. I've been thinking about increasing it.

I have also seen numerous charges above $10. One washer spent $43. Others $20+. As far as I know, I haven't had any chargebacks as my monthly statements don't show any. The fellow who spent $43 washed every inch of his F250 including the wheel wells and crawling underneath the entire truck.

In many years of running my wash, the most I ever recall one washer spending (using $1 tokens) was $10. Two cycles of $5 worth of tokens each time.) After I installed credit cards swipers, I've found that $10+ charges happen reasonably often.

Mchas

Reaction score

I have also seen numerous charges above $10. One washer spent $43. Others $20+. As far as I know, I haven't had any chargebacks as my monthly statements don't show any. The fellow who spent $43 washed every inch of his F250 including the wheel wells and crawling underneath the entire truck.

In many years of running my wash, the most I ever recall one washer spending (using $1 tokens) was $10. Two cycles of $5 worth of tokens each time.) After I installed credit cards swipers, I've found that $10+ charges happen reasonably often.
I just checked my CryptoPay sales at one location and today alone I see sales of $14, $16, $17, and highest was $22.94. And this is with count DOWN so they have to press the button for every dollar above the $5 minimum. If you set your max to $10 you could very well be missing out on higher sales.

water guy

Reaction score
We have have received our dixmoor7 timers for our bays and will converting our Ginsan Timers to these along with crypto pay. it seems like its not gonna be so bad to convert. anything I need to know as being a problem with the installation.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I had to raise my max spend to $15 because so many had to swipe a second time. Only one complaint; woman said she pressed stop but was charged max.

KleanRide

Reaction score
Only one complaint; woman said she pressed stop but was charged max.
I hear that about 5-6 times per week. I've watched them on camera drive off without pushing the button and then claim that they did, trying to get a refund.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I hear that about 5-6 times per week. I've watched them on camera drive off without pushing the button and then claim that they did, trying to get a refund.
When I add Cryptopay to this wash, I'm going to do the same thing I did at another wash which is wire a programmable relay in to trigger the stop button when "STOP" is selected on the switch. We used to get 3-4 calls a week, but once I did that the calls stopped completely.

Someone here mentioned that they changed "STOP" to "OFF" and it helped. Maybe if it was just a blank spot they're more likely to see that they need to press a button. I've had someone come get me to show they pressed stop and the system came running, turned out they were pressing the "STOP" on the decal for the switch label.

OurTown

Reaction score
The green button on the swiper could be changed to a red one so it looks more like a stop button.

MEP001

Reaction score
Yes, someone posted a link to it here somewhere.

MEP001

Reaction score
For equipment I installed for others, I also had custom Cryptopay-style instructions printed on the door decal and changed it to read that. It helped a lot, enough that the operators have too few complaints to be bothered.

mac

Reaction score
The installation was pretty straightforward. First bay took a few hours but after that maybe an hour. Dan at Ginsan sent a wiring diagram that helped.