What's new

Well-Raised Kids

Red Baron

Reaction score
Just when you think our society is going down the toilet, you run across a well-raised kid who makes you realize that there's still hope.

I saw a car stuck in the ditch nearby. Later that car pulled into my car wash to wash off the mud. I noticed their mom was there too, in a newish Z-71 with a crumpled quarter panel that I'm pretty sure just happened as she was pulling out her teenaged sons from the ditch. I swiped my card in the Wash Gear box and told them: You've had enough bad luck today, this one's on us.

Without any prompting from their mom, both kids came up to shake my hand and say thanks. They're in the bay right now cleaning up their mud.

Good kids.

MEP001

Reaction score
I saw a kid, about 6 or 7, stop to help a woman pick up gum from a display she'd knocked off a shelf. Most kids nowadays wouldn't have picked it up if they'd knocked it off themselves.

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
Theres a good chance all of those kids were or are involved in Scouting. It's an organization that makes good kids into great young adults be they girls or boys. Support it whenever you can!