What's new

Weird Self-serve bay problem

Randy

Reaction score
On Saturday when we went to the car wash there was a note on the front of the bill changer stating “Do not to use this car wash because nothing works and I had to go to another bay after I got soap all over my car”. Those are the kind of notes I like to find taped to the front of the bill changer. Never left her phone number. I found a 24 volt breaker popped that controls all the 24 volt functions. After I reset the 24 volt breaker and went out to the bay everything looked fine until I started the bay the Dixmor timer was jumping around from the time on the timer to the version of the timer, back and forth. Every once and a while it would settle down and start the high pressure function, the low pressure functions work fine. Any ideas as to what it might be?

Jsobi

Reaction score
Something on the high pressure 24 volt is drawing to much current amperage. Solenoid? Contactor? Wire short? Relay? If it is happening with soap, wax, and rinse I would guess something for the controls for the rinse function. Not the pump or motor for rinse tho, what ever turns it on is drawing to many amps.

Jim64

Reaction score
Move the timer to another bay and see if the problem moves with it. I have had timers do strange things when they go bad.