What's new

Weeping not working

MegaBlast

Reaction score
Ok I was told this morning that the weep did not turn on last night it was working the other day but anytway I just bought this car wash and am learning alot on this site about my business. my weep has a thermostat and when it gets down to the temp it turns on...ok now what should I be looking at to see why it is not turning on? the wire from the thermostate to a small metal box is that the switch to turn on the weep? I am unsure what the weep system looks like or what to look for. maybe a wire discounted somewhere?

any ideas

Thanks so much folks

Reaction score
There should be a solenoid valve after the t-stat, could be a bad t-stat but i would start with the solenoid it could be stuck closed.Is the valve NC or NO you need to no that.

MegaBlast

Reaction score
yeaaa I have no idea I am going there when I get off work to look at this and hope to fix the problem....I am sure the thermosate wire goes to a small metal box which is warm to touch the last time I was looking around equipment wondering what each part does:) I need to update alot of stuff in this place but one thing at a time I guess

any one else have anything to add?
:)

also when you say solenoid is this part of the pump

Randy

Reaction score
The solenoid valve isn’t part of the pumping system. It’ll be connected to the water supply and opens when the thermostat tells it to open. It will normally be a normally open solenoid valve. Meaning that it has to have power to the valve all the time to keep it closed. You should install a Dixmor Weepmizer with an ASCO normally open solenoid valve. Give the solenoid valve that you have installed now a tap or two to see if it stuck closed. Check to make sure you have power to the solenoid valve and also check to make sure you have water to the solenoid valve.

MegaBlast

Reaction score
update
I went to wash and I could turn the thermostat to the temp it was outside and the weep started so I am going to check it again later to see if they turned on when Temp gets down

MEP001

Reaction score
It could be that your thermostat's just not accurate. I had mine set at 35° and the bays froze before the weep turned on.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
update
I went to wash and I could turn the thermostat to the temp it was outside and the weep started so I am going to check it again later to see if they turned on when Temp gets down
Check the thermostat sensing bulb on the outside to make sure it is in a good place and does not have a birds nest or something around it.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Also make sure it's out of the sun. I put mine under an overhang, couple inches away from the building, and on the north side.

MegaBlast

Reaction score
I guess it just is getting old it's working again but will have it update with new system soon

MEP001

Reaction score
The best "systems" are simple, either a thermostat or a Dixmor WeepMizer and a normally open solenoid with a single check valve on each high-pressure hose to the bay. The reason for a N.O. solenoid is so if your power gets knocked out during an ice storm your weep comes on.