What's new

Weep Solenoid Won't Close

escarwash

Reaction score
I cannot get our weep solenoid to work. This summer, the weep solenoid failed and because it is normally open, the weep turned on. I replaced the solenoid with another, different model, 24V Normally Open Solenoid from Kleen-Rite. I checked to make sure it was installed the right direction, and to make sure it is getting power. but it still wouldnt close. I didnt worry about it because it was summer, but now that it is getting cold, I need to get it working. Any ideas?

This is the valve I used: http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-468...ragm-valve-normally-open-stainless-steel.aspx

MEP001

Reaction score
If you're sure it's getting power and is plumbed the right direction, either it's defective or it has debris in it. Have you opened it to look for a problem?

escarwash

Reaction score
I opened it up today and didn't find anything stuck in it or any problems. When I put it back together, it started working!

MEP001

Reaction score
Hopefully it will continue to work for you, but you might keep an eye on it. Dema's products aren't as reliable as they used to be. I've had a number of solenoids like yours not work right out of the box, got them working with a little tinkering and had them fail again the first time it was called to use.