What's new

Weep Mizer Setting

SparklesSS

Reaction score
Hi all,

Called Dixmor today to discuss how much water should come out for weep. We are in Ontario, Canada where the weather can certainly get cold during the winter months. The rep from Dixmor indicated there was no real formula but suggested the water should at least spray out in a fan shape rather than a pencil stream to be considered adequate.

I am running a Weep Mizer DX1000....What do you think? Are your bays set up to spray like this?

Also, when adjusting the weep needle values, does twisting inward allow more or less water to flow to the bays?

MEP001

Reaction score
Every needle valve I've seen is left to open, right to close.

I've never seen a weep that will fan the spray with a weep gun and the trigger not pulled. My spot free rinse at 250 PSI barely fans without the trigger pulled.

SparklesSS

Reaction score
Every needle valve I've seen is left to open, right to close.

I've never seen a weep that will fan the spray with a weep gun and the trigger not pulled. My spot free rinse at 250 PSI barely fans without the trigger pulled.
Thanks I was certain this was far too much water and pressure.

Randy

Reaction score
I weep about 16oz. per minute at 45psi from each gun and foam brush, it will sightly fan when I pull the gun handle. I probably weep more than I should but I don't like having to deal with frozen hoses etc. I have my weepmizer set to come on at 34 degrees.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We weep 12 oz per minute at 40 psi and we use hot water. You didn't specify whether you're weeping hot or cold.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Then you better weep more than 12 oz/minute with cold weep.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I call BS on this. Have tried it myself. Guy from a tropical climate finds hot freezes faster! Next 10 degree day put 2 cups of water, one hot and one cold outside and see what happens. Maybe it's different at 30 degrees but who cares. I've done it. Won a $100 bet. Don't do it in a freezer. Can be all sorts of reasons like hot keeping frost from forming below cup and insulating transmission. Some hot lines may freeze faster only because they are used less so they are allowed to cool longer. If I want to thaw something I put hot water on it - not cold.

Rudy

Reaction score
When I hold a SS wand upwards at a 45 degree angle.... a 5 to 6 inch length stream is perfect for not freezing. 2507 tip.

Roz

Reaction score
If you go to a ski resort that makes snow you will find that they use a blue additive (name that I forgot) in their snow making water pond to align the water molecules so the snow making equipment is more efficient making snow. Short of adding a chemical to change the water's properties water still freezes at 32 deg so hot water just may take slightly longer to freeze. A good weep system with weep gun handles should not freeze if at the manufacture's settings (unless you are in Canada where temps are really cold)...

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
I don't care how fast the water freezes after it leaves the gun, I just want to keep the water liquid while it is still moving through the hose.
There are too many variables to have one answer to this question.
My wash is a drive in back out bay that has about 40' of hose exposed to the outside air temperature. I weep about 1 ounce of water every two seconds. I use cold until its get down to 15 degrees and then it switches to 80 degree water. This works well unless the wind starts blowing hard before it gets to 15 degrees, then I might have one freeze. If the forecast calls for a lot of wind I'll switch it to hot before I leave for the evening. I've never had one freeze on hot water, unless a tip plugs.