What's new

Weep Mizer 2nd output question

Martins

Reaction score
I am thinking about setting up a blow down system for my wash for when temps hit low/single digets. to help conserve water/prevent major freeze ups. my question is on the weepmizer output 2 can i wire it to trigger a seconed selonoid to toggle the air on and shut off out put 1 when output 2 is triggered? mine was installed when i purchased it and tbh i havent touched it.. it just works so ive never messed with it much. but this last fezze that seemed to hit alot of north america got me thinking about a blow down. any one running this set up i could copy and paste?

Thanks

ShinePro

Reaction score
I am thinking about setting up a blow down system for my wash for when temps hit low/single digets. to help conserve water/prevent major freeze ups. my question is on the weepmizer output 2 can i wire it to trigger a seconed selonoid to toggle the air on and shut off out put 1 when output 2 is triggered? mine was installed when i purchased it and tbh i havent touched it.. it just works so ive never messed with it much. but this last fezze that seemed to hit alot of north america got me thinking about a blow down. any one running this set up i could copy and paste?

Thanks
This last christmas blast I closed down and blew my lines. Although mine is a manual blow down thru the pump stand.
It takes a lot of air to blow down ss lines
It does not take much residual water in the line to freeze a weep hand gun.
I remove my hand guns before I blow out.
I still had some ice in the swivels when I opened back up after 4 days of zero and below.
I m not sure my weep mizer could keep the lines free without some long runs of time and work on your air compressor.
Good luck!

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Weepmizer’s Max output is 3 amps so with relays you can turn stuff on/off on temperature rise/fall.

I’ve used Output 2 to turn on blow outs, roof trough heaters, auxiliary heaters, boiler circulators, etc.

Output 2 is steady state so for activating PLC programs, or triggering timers and relays it’s an effective and accurate thermostat.

Randy

Reaction score
That’s a great idea. Only problem is Output 2 on the Weepmizer is a switch it’s either On or Off. Blowing air into the system won’t get all the water out, you’ve got low spots or bellies in the hose that you won’t be able to get all the water out the hose.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
At one site I was using output 2 to turn on my IBA floor heat at 35F. This particular weepmiser would 'bounce' at 35 and the output would come on and off, not really good for a boiler or an air compressor. The weepmiser isn't supposed to do that but this particular one did.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
my question is on the weepmizer output 2 can i wire it to trigger a seconed selonoid to toggle the air on and shut off out put 1 when output 2 is triggered?
Martins,
Simply blowing out the hoses will not prevent freeze ups. Injecting anti-freeze or winter formula windshield washer fluid into the lines will displace the residual water that collects in low spots.

Using my favorite programmable logic relay, IDEC’s FL1F-H12RCA SmartRelay… This basic program could be used as you described…to automatically freeze protect and close the car wash.

Weep Miser Output 1 operates as intended until Weep Miser Output 2 is ON (Setpoint at 20°F for example),

Weep Miser Output 2 disables Output 1 (closes weep solenoid) and triggers 2 interval timers:

Interval timer 1 energizes Air Blow Out solenoid (20 seconds for example)

Interval timer 2 energizes waits for Air Blow Out cycle completion THEN

Interval timer 2 energizes Anti-Freeze (-20°F windshield washer fluid) solenoid (30 seconds for example)

To prevent customers from using the car wash, an additional output can turn off 24V transformer power to the coin boxes.

2023-01-17.png

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I know......But! Things to consider using a completely automated blowout/WF Shutdown system....Last winter I shutdown and semi-automatically filled the hp lines with WF. I forgot to shut the ball valves off from the gravity tanks to each bay pump. I didn't see the "drip" in bay 3 due to a leaking cv in that bays giant unloader...Needless to say, 3 days later, bay 3 was froze solid to the trough!

Now....They do make servo driven ball valves! Problem solved! Lol