What's new

Weep are running, weep system is shut down

Sbmwbill

Reaction score
I turned off the weep system, but all the bays are still weeping.

Randy

Reaction score
There should be a shut off valve just upstream of the weep normally open solenoid valve.

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
This. ⬆
Or you could also shut the valve off upstream of the water meter.

Last edited:

Sbmwbill

Reaction score
An update, I shut off the power to the weep system, shut off the valves on either side of the solenoid and shut off the weep pump. All bays are still weeping, drawing public water. So, the bays appear to be weeping with the weep system totally shut down. Any thoughts?

Randy

Reaction score
Turn the power back on to the weep system, turn all the valves back to there normal position so the weep water stops and then post some pictures of what you have.

TMoliver

Reaction score
We will need a pic of the bay wands as well. Is the stream off the tips just dripping, small spray , or full weep spray?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
More information needed. Do you have gravity fed pumps or pressure fed? Sounds to me like you have some cv's failing that's letting water siphon from the water supply to the pumps. Especially since you turned off the supply valves to the weep. Also, if the shutoff valves are "Gate Valves", they are notorious for stems rotting off inside the valves to where they won't open or shut off.

Timmb

Reaction score
I helped a friend's diagnose similar problem last year. He had a fresh water Rinse solenoid stuck open it was back feeding the weep system for all the bays.

Sbmwbill

Reaction score
Turn the power back on to the weep system, turn all the valves back to there normal position so the weep water stops and then post some pictures of what you have. IMG_0236.jpeg
I helped a friend's diagnose similar problem last year. He had a fresh water Rinse solenoid stuck open it was back feeding the weep system for all the bays.
That sounds like what’s happening. Water seems to be back feeding the gun weeps. An additional thing is the weeps for the foam brushes are working just fine. It’s just the weeps for the guns that are malfunctioning.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
That sounds like what’s happening. Water seems to be back feeding the gun weeps. An additional thing is the weeps for the foam brushes are working just fine. It’s just the weeps for the guns that are malfunctioning.
Then shut off the water supply to the rinse solenoids and see if the bays stop weeping.

TMoliver

Reaction score
the weep looks like it is on full. If you turned off both ball valves going into the weep system the flow should stop. If flow continues, then you have water coming from somewhere else. Like pressurized cold water or spotfree rinse valves.