What's new

Weben - jarco floor heat boiler.

Kirb

Reaction score
Having issues with a 500 btu floor heat boiler. This is the first time I am firing the boiler at a new to me location. I cleaned boiler and everything seems to be working fine except it runs for 5 minutes shuts off then re fires 30 seconds later. I think it's the hot water stat out of the boiler. It's set on 140 degrees. I raise it a little and it runs longer. Is that to low? How high should I set it? Also what should i set the return line?

Thanks,
Kirb

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
These Jarco boilers are non-condensing and need to be set at 140° or higher to keep them from condensating. Otherwise, the dripping condensate will self destruct the boiler.

If the aquastat has differential, maybe the differential is set too close? My new system likes about 10° differential...Also, does your system have a bypass? Maybe you are bypassing too much heated glycol causing the system to short cycle...

Kirb

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It does have a bypass. How high should I go with exit from boiler temp?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Good question? My old Jarco 350K btu didn't have a bypass. I never could figure out how it should run. All I had to adjust throughput was a single gate valve going out to the bays. Needless to say it wasn't installed correctly 25 years ago. I wouldn't think you would want to send 140° glycol out to the bays...That's why mine self destructed with condensate. It ran too cold for too many years...

I found some literature online for that boiler. I'll see if I can find it and post it for you.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I found the manuals....Copy the links below into your browser if they don't automatically work when you click on them.

The manuals do tell you how to set the temps. The main reason mine didn't work very well was the heat transfer fins were all rotted off the copper tubing because of the condensate. At best when new, these boilers were 70% efficient...Without the heat transfer fins, mine might have been 30% efficient. It cost an arm and leg to run. The best thing I ever did was to put in a new 96% efficient system. Anyway, here is the files I had saved when researching the Jarco...

http://bcoweb.com/photos/boiler_with_bypass.pdf

http://bcoweb.com/photos/boiler_weben_jarco_manual.pdf

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
BTW...Green Boilers Technology bought out Jarco....From what I can remember.

That's why one of the files I linked to was a GBT Boiler. But it is just like your Weben Jarco...