What's new

Weak Metal on Lincoln Roofs

Spotwashman

Reaction score
I have a customer who washes several Lincoln 6" factory stretch Town Car limos who is complaining that our dryers are causing the hoods and roofs to "pop" and possibly dent during drying. Our dryer has two 15 HP fans the oscillate on top and one 10 HP on each side. No problems on sides, just hood and roof. I am guessing that these are large flat metal surfaces with not enough reinforcement and that is the problem. Has anyone else heard of this problem with these 6" factory stretch cars?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
What do you mean by "factory stretch"? Did it come from Ford that way? I thought all stretch limos were conversions. If that is the case, the builder should make it right. I don't see that you can do anything but advise that customer to not buy a wash with the dryer.

Spotwashman

Reaction score
Factory stretch

These are Lincoln Town Cars that are used as airport style pickup cars that are stretched 6" at the factory. We wash many other styles of cars, trucks and subs without any problems. Unfortunately they want a dryer package, so we are just inquiring if anyone else has heard of this issue.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
You might have them sign a release, explaining that it isn't your problem, that you can't turn down the dryers.

Actually, I remember that my Honda van would "ripple" the top of it, but it would never have "bent" anything. It does sound terrible, but its not damaging.

Etowah