What's new

WCA Show Report?ShurVend Vendors

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
I?m not quite sure how to react to the 2009 WCA show. Mixed emotions, I think!! I had a feeling from preliminary registrations that it would not be well attended and that turned out to be true. I almost didn?t go, but it was great to see many of my customers come by to say ?Hi?, to wear my Uncle Sam suit, and to meet some new prospects.

We took the opportunity to show the new ?chasing light? installation on the Junior RL vendor and get some feedback from the attendees. These lights will draw attention to the vendor reinforcing our premise that high vending sales can be achieved when customers have the ?Time?, the vendor ?Location? is correct, the ?Convenience? factor is there, the vendor is a ?Sore Thumb? that gets noticed, which in turn entices the customer to make impulse purchases. The comments on the lights were mostly positive and we can now continue to tweak the idea to make it better. The use of LED lights for this feature will be pursued because the low energy use and the 100,000 hour life (11+ years) of the LEDs makes this an economic way to attract people to the vendor on the wash site.

ShurVend was given the opportunity to participate in the new ?Nuts and Bolts? educational sessions to pass on knowledge of the new vending systems to customers and prospects that will help them understand the ShurVend machine better. Technology is constantly changing so education of our customers is a continuing responsibility for us.

We had a great Forum dinner for some of the regulars who come to these dinners and had an enjoyable evening chatting with each other. And a special thanks to Bill for picking up the tab.

All in all the WCA show was OK, but some way needs found to get better attendance at these shows or we, as exhibitors, will not be able to continue to go with so few ?eyeballs? showing up versus the costs involved. The AutoCareFroum and our own websites are a better bang for the buck!

Uncle Sam :)