What's new

Waxing with a brush?

JustClean

Reaction score
We all know, that if you want to hand wax your car you put the wax on a micro cloth put it on and then wipe it off.
Especially, nowadays with the newer waxes that come in a liquid form this all seems to be very easy.
Now, the question is:
Can't we make money out of this? I mean: Is there a proper hand wax that can be run through our foam brush, being rubbed in and then rubbed or hosed off with the same result as a hand wax? Any ideas? :)

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
What about just using one tri-foam color through the foam brush? You would have the TF for the lubrication and the friction for the cleaning. Seems pretty easy. I actually gave it some thought years ago, but that's as far as it got.

MEP001

Reaction score
What about just using one tri-foam color through the foam brush? You would have the TF for the lubrication and the friction for the cleaning. Seems pretty easy. I actually gave it some thought years ago, but that's as far as it got.
The Simoniz UVP trifoam I use has instructions to "mitt" the foam into the finish, and even though it's not a wax it does make a noticeable improvement on the shine and the depth of color on a dark paint job. I could see a wax product being added through the foam brush.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
We used to used turtle wax cherry foaming polish in foam brushes years ago, like in the early 90s'. Other than a tiny amount of build up on the brush I don't recall any issues.

washnshine

Reaction score
We all know, that if you want to hand wax your car you put the wax on a micro cloth put it on and then wipe it off.
Especially, nowadays with the newer waxes that come in a liquid form this all seems to be very easy.
Now, the question is:
Can't we make money out of this? I mean: Is there a proper hand wax that can be run through our foam brush, being rubbed in and then rubbed or hosed off with the same result as a hand wax? Any ideas? :)
There are probably a lot of products that you could run through the foam brush that have wax-like properties and can shine and bead the paint. My concern would be customers going at a dirty car with a product that doesn’t have the cleaning or lubricity properties of a detergent. I know the brush is what does the primary cleaning, but having a cleaning chemical in there would be better for getting off road film, bugs, etc. and not redistributing the dirt on the surface and causing a streaky or less-than-desirable result.

The consumer market is loaded with 2-in 1 products that are marketed as “wash and waxes”. Meguiars has a few - but all the companies have them. The reason I mentioned Meguiars is because they have a product called citrus blast wash and wax that is aimed at detailers/ and hand washers. It has good cleaning properties, a pH of 10 and the car beads after it is rinsed off and the paint is smooth and shiny. You can definitely tell this product is a shampoo/cleaner and not just a wax type product. We all know the cars have to be clean before they can be shiny and dry.

They sell a five gallon container at KR. Maybe someone can run it through their foam brush system. For bucket washing it is to be diluted at 1:128.

I don’t work for Meguiars- or any chemical company, but I have hand washed cars with this product and I like it a lot.

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
I apply a carnauba wax through my automatic. The results are eye popping. Foam brush not so sure. I think you would have to train the customers how to do it properly, and most should not be driving, voting, or procreating.

Jsshac

Reaction score
I apply carnauba wax though the trifoam gun people love it

washnshine

Reaction score
I apply a carnauba wax through my automatic. The results are eye popping. Foam brush not so sure. I think you would have to train the customers how to do it properly, and most should not be driving, voting, or procreating.
What brand carnauba wax are you using Mac?