What's new

Wax won't spray

docscarwash

Reaction score
First, let me say that I am a new car wash owner and still learning. The High Pressure wax in one of my bays is not working. NOTHING. NO WATER. NO WAX. NOTHING. All other functions work fine and the HP wax in other bays work fine. I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Welcome Docs....First off...Do you own and know how to use a voltmeter? This tool will be (I feel) your single most used tool at the wash. This problem can range from a bad motor starter coil to a bad rotary switch and everything inbetween. We'll need more info to help you...
Have you checked for voltage at the pump motor starter coil? If you don't have voltage there, you'll need to work back towards the rotary switch. But sounds like the rotary switch is the culprit if other HP functions work.

Last edited:

docscarwash

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I do have a voltmeter and have checked the button (I have buttons, not a dial). I really thought that would be it since the other bays work fine. What other info might you need?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Hmmm...Not familiar with push buttons. So someone else might be able to help. Another bit of useful info would be what kind of equipment you have.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
sounds like a wire came off inside meter box for 'wax'

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I used to have those meter doors but don't remember how they work. When wax is selected you must have two wires made hot. The wax and the motor starter Did you check the motor starter output when wax is selected?