What's new

Wax recommendations

DRsuds

Reaction score
My current wax leaves a gross film on the surface of the water in it's holding tank. I want a new wax that won't do that and looks like wax is being applied. My current wax in my bays you can smell but the water doesn't change by appearance. It might just be old or maybe not a lot of people use the wax so it sits too long. I don't actually know what it is but it's very thick and I had to predilute it to get it even into the hydrominder. I have a different wax in my automatic but it's thin and even with a very small tip it seems to go too fast considering it's price, with not much to show, just a few suds. A nice bonus would be if I could use the same wax in my touchless automatic.

Eric H

Reaction score
Try Kleen-Rite Kleen seal with Teflon or Kleen-Rite kleenpak Aquaguard.
Kleen Seal has a light foam and a pina colada scent.
Aquaguard has a very light foam and more of a chemical wax scent. The scent isn’t off putting but it doesn’t smell like fruit or food like many other products.
Both of these products can be used in SS and IBA

Eric H

Reaction score
No. I just stick the pickup tube into the 2.5 gallon jug. It lasts a VERY long time.
If you had a high volume site you might consider the big tank but you’ll very likely only use a jug or 2 in your SS in a year

Etowah

traveler17

Reaction score
No. I just stick the pickup tube into the 2.5 gallon jug. It lasts a VERY long time.
If you had a high volume site you might consider the big tank but you’ll very likely only use a jug or 2 in your SS in a year
Eric which of the ultra concentrates do you use from KR?

washnshine

Reaction score
My current wax leaves a gross film on the surface of the water in it's holding tank. I want a new wax that won't do that and looks like wax is being applied. My current wax in my bays you can smell but the water doesn't change by appearance. It might just be old or maybe not a lot of people use the wax so it sits too long. I don't actually know what it is but it's very thick and I had to predilute it to get it even into the hydrominder. I have a different wax in my automatic but it's thin and even with a very small tip it seems to go too fast considering it's price, with not much to show, just a few suds. A nice bonus would be if I could use the same wax in my touchless automatic.
If you are ordering from Kleen Rite, Simoniz has a solid line with good variety at any price point. Same with JBS - also from Kleen Rite.

Eric H

Reaction score
Eric which of the ultra concentrates do you use from KR?
Tire and engine = KR Kleen White
Presoak = JBS predator PC through a dual tip hydrominder injecting JBS blue glow foam detergent
HO soap = Kleenpak High PH at one site and Correct/foam additive at the others
Foam Brush = JBS pink glow foam detergent
Wax = kleen Seal
Clear coat = kleenpak Aquaguard

MEP001

Reaction score
If you are ordering from Kleen Rite, Simoniz has a solid line with good variety at any price point. Same with JBS - also from Kleen Rite.
I don't remember which one I used, but for a while I used a Simoniz wax that was around $45/pail. It was lemon or citrus scented, foamed and beaded really well.

traveler17

Reaction score
Tire and engine = KR Kleen White
Presoak = JBS predator PC through a dual tip hydrominder injecting JBS blue glow foam detergent
HO soap = Kleenpak High PH at one site and Correct/foam additive at the others
Foam Brush = JBS pink glow foam detergent
Wax = kleen Seal
Clear coat = kleenpak Aquaguard
I think I’ll try the Kleen pack. Just wanna try something new. Thanks!!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Maybe the gross film is mineral oil?
Lots of good products out on the market. Look for ones that offer protectant qualities. I try to stay away from ones that use mainly seal oil.
I'm using Quest Platinum or Total Shield TF (light purple foam, grape scent in HP) in the SS.

ETA catalog link:

Quest Catalog

Last edited:

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like Simoniz FC3 for wax. I've been using it for a year or so with good results. I put hunks of copper pipe in my mix tanks and that seems to keep the scum down.

washnshine

Reaction score
Maybe the gross film is mineral oil?
Lots of good products out on the market. Look for ones that offer protectant qualities. I try to stay away from ones that use mainly seal oil.
I'm using Quest Platinum or Total Shield TF (light purple foam, grape scent in HP) in the SS.

ETA catalog link:

Quest Catalog
Quest is awesome - I am using it too - thanks to this forum. Only their high end/premium protectants do not contain mso. The more economical products do. But keep in mind, there are different grades/quality of mso. I didn’t realize this at first but I was talking to a chemical company, and asking if a certain product had mso, and he asked why I cared. I told him O don’t want build up, windshield smearing etc. He said you only get that with the lower grade mso. And if it is of higher quality, even products with mso should not cause those problems. Quest is top notch and I would suspect that they are using better quality mso on their products that have it.

Randy

Reaction score
We use Simoniz Lemon Glo or Cherry Glo Spray Polish. It works well, beads up nice