What's new

wax in undercarriage

classic1

Reaction score
I have a Futura millenium IBA. I just started getting wax coming out in my undercarriage wash and can't figure out where it is coming from. If someone has had this problem please let me know what you found. Thanks,
Jeff

MikeV

Reaction score
If in fact, you are getting wax in your undercarriage it can only be coming from one place, the wax solenoid valve at the bottom of the main pump stand. Either it is letting wax inject into the main pump or it is allowing wax to seep into the break tank.

classic1

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Mike. What do you mean by the break tank? Either way changing the selenoid valve should cure the problem? Thanks again!
Jeff

MikeV

Reaction score
The break tank, also sometimes called the "main tank" is the tank that feeds the main pump, usually a Cat 3535. Did you get your wax problem solved?

classic1

Reaction score
Mike I haven't got the wax problem taken care of yet. Could the wax seep into the break tank even when the break tank has gravity head pressure to the pump? I switched the selenoid valve to a selenoid valve from the soap and had the same results still. Thanks I will check more tonight.
Jeff

Etowah

MikeV

Reaction score
Yes, if the wax solenoid valve at the bottom of the main pump frame is leaking, it will seep into the main tank. To check this valve, disconnect the discharge side (the top connection of the valve) of the solenoid valve. There should be no wax coming out. If there is, the valve may have debris in it or just a bad valve.

classic1

Reaction score
Thanks Mike,
I did have wax coming out of the discharge side so checked solenoid and there was junk in it. So that works good now but I also don't have any high pressure wax coming out during the wash. I had flow to the solenoid from the tank but not to the pump during the wash now. Maybe the coil is bad? or do you have any other ideas? Thanks, Jeff

MikeV

Reaction score
OK, lets start at the beginning. Check the wax tank hydrominder to make sure that you have wax coming into the mixing tank. Next, enegize the wax solenoid by going to "forced outputs" check the voltage at the solenoid valve. You should have 24v there. Then remove the tube at the discharge side of the solenoid valve with the wax solenoid energized. You should have wax flow there. If not, then the solenoid valve is not opening. If you do have flow, then check the check valve at the feed side of the main pump. Might be a good idea to replace it if you are in fact getting wax flow from the solenoid valve. One of these checks will tell you where the problem is. Let me know how it goes.