What's new

Waterspot remover 4 Glass

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently heard of a product that is highly effective at removing water spots from glass. Has anyone used such a product and if so was it effective?

Thanks.

Reaction score
I recently heard of a product that is highly effective at removing water spots from glass. Has anyone used such a product and if so was it effective?

Thanks.
Pro has a product called C-30 Water Spot Remover, just had a meeting with them the other day and that is the only think i did not get a sample of. Let me see if i can get some to try.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I would think it would depend on the type of water spot. If the spot is some kind of residue sitting on the top of the glass, then you should be able to remove it. If the spot is the result of some kind of chemical reaction that has etched the surface of the glass, its a much more difficult repair. You would have to use something that could remove a significant amount of glass to make a smooth surface. Glass is way harder than paint and I have never seen this type of repair successfully done.

smokun

Consultant - Rainmaker
Reaction score
Water Spot Removal

The residue left from water spots from irrigation systems is easily removed by vinegar, an acid.

Other fixes include a buffered muriatic acid or the cleaning product Lime-Away.

Many chemical companies have similar products packaged under their product name and label. :rolleyes:

It all uses the same science called chemistry. Removal is based on going to the opposite end of the pH scale for removal. Alkaline versus acidic. Water spot resides are above the surface alkaline residues and respond to acids.;)

-Steve

jfmoran

Reaction score
We use a product made by our local supplier called Spot Not. It's a gel that contains low levels of hydroflouric and sulfuric acid. It will remove or at least lighten most water staining on glass, we have also used it effectively on painted surfaces. We usually use it with a white scotch-brite pad or 0000-Steel Wool (for glass only), and protective gloves.

smokun

Consultant - Rainmaker
Reaction score
Caution

John...

Careful! While I'm confident that your years of experience have taught you when never to use even the mildest steel wool or even a tough scrubber pad, some of the readers may reach for that steel wool and use it on one of the softer or even coated windows and scour the surface. I've found that whenever chemistry can provide a safe and easy fix, avoid the more aggressive alternative. I've seen windshields that were scuffed up so bad that they had to be buffed with glass buffing rouge. Not fun.