What's new

waterproof Bluetooth fm radio

dwmaster

Reaction score
I'm interested in purchasing a radio to use in the Tunnel. I would like it to be Waterproof, Bluetooth, and receive at least FM directly. Anyone have any models that they would recommend? Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
Seems like you'd be better off running a weatherproof speaker to where you want the sound and putting the radio someplace it will stay dry.

dwmaster

Reaction score
Seems like you'd be better off running a weatherproof speaker to where you want the sound and putting the radio someplace it will stay dry.
I have also been considered that as well, Wouldn't need to be messing with a daily recharge of the speaker either.

twerkinatthecarwash

Reaction score
The power tool brand Milwaukee makes a great boombox for this. They have two models, a $100 boombox style that does FM, AM, and has an aux cord as well as a USB input (it can also by ran using a drill battery) and they have a $200 cube style that does FM, AM, Bluetooth, Ipod Dock, USB Input and Aux cable. They are both water resistant "Job Site" radios. We have the $100 model and we love it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Kind of curious as to where in the tunnel you could hear this over the noise of the blowers?

dwmaster

Reaction score
Of coarse prep end, it will need to be a clear powerful radio of coarse that's why I asked what is out there working well. I know the radio on my boat could be listened to on the exit end over the blowers so One call Wet sounds audio and I could listen anywhere in the tunnel for a price. Just thought maybe like the Dewalt radio was good enough.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If it were me I would find a relatively inexpensive reciever and run as many inexpensive weather resistant speakers as I wanted and it could handle to the target area(s)

MEP001

Reaction score
The DeWalt radio is not water resistant.

dwmaster

Reaction score
I assumed the deWalt was. The other ones probably are not as well. I will just get a set of crisp clear Marine speakers from Wet Sounds and run them from a system in the back room. Thanks for the input.