What's new

Water Wizard Water usage.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
Still trying to find some information that states how much water the Water Wizard II uses. Does coleman have any info? I have looked at their website but can't seem to find anything. Trying to get info to do a comparison. Thanks Bill

robblackburn

Reaction score
Still trying to find some information that states how much water the Water Wizard II uses. Does coleman have any info? I have looked at their website but can't seem to find anything. Trying to get info to do a comparison. Thanks Bill
If you would like to send me a email then I can send you a excel spreadsheet from Coleman showing water usage. I did not see how to post it here. My email is in my profile.

Rob

Bob Koo

Reaction score
If you want an accurate reading, read your water meter on a slow day making sure that you do not have any other water sources that could impact your reading. My experience in the past is an OEM's statement may be very skewed since your unit is programmed for your or your distributor's preference for wash quality. I have seen WW's with consumption amounts as high as 140 Gallons. The numbers that you are seeking can see wide variations due to the package that you are looking at and the length of the vehicle that you are washing. Hope this helps.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
I don't have a Water wizard. Trying to compare to MarkVII Choice Wash. or XT 700.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Probably more important to check how clean they get the car. In the long run it doesn't matter how much water they use if they don't get the car clean. If you find that they all seem equal in this area than maybe this info would help.

mr-gte

northeast Pa
Reaction score
Cost of ownership

Its all about Cost of ownership
If your looking for
Poor manufacture support , Lots of Downtime , profits paid to distributor for maintenance.
Buy Coleman.
Mark - 7 is superior in all these category's
Check out cost of ownership on Vector touch free (very impressive)
Request 3 - 5 year maintenance cost reports from owners of different manufactures for comparison.
If owners do not have these reports , well ?
Keep in mind distributor's charge more than your local GM or Ford dealer per hour. Plus same amount for travel time.
Cleaning part is related to dedication and pride of equipment distributor.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
It's funny, a distributor recently picked me up and we went on a ride to look at a few customers he had with a reclaim system I was looking to purchase. I told him that I looked at about 4 different manufacturers before deciding on JCC when I built my first wash and that I was glad I chose JCC because I thought it cleaned better. He says every car wash owner thinks their mfg. cleans the best. Believe me I waiver on JCC quite a bit and all for the reasons you stated above. We bought JCC a second time and have spent close to a million dollars in equipment with them. Every time I drive past the 2 car washes of the local Mark VII distributor (distributor is now defunct) it reinforces my decision that I did well with JCC, especially when I see the orange cones continuously sitting in front of the bays.

Now, things change in five years. Mark VII might be much better. I feel my JCC distributor is very good and very expensive. I avoid him at every chance because I know it's going to cost me and wish I could buy every part from Grainger. But when I am down, he knows how to fix things and he is not out of business (at least not yet). If and when I build a third wash I will create a checklist about 100 questions long and visit about twenty users of the mfg I finally decide on. I will also ask him for names of all his installations so the references that I get will not be "cherry" picked. Maybe I'll feel better about the next $1m I spend with or without JCC.

Reds

Reaction score
I agree with Buzzie. I deal with the same distributor and have gotten very good service, but at big prices. And they help me troubleshoot over the phone for no cost.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
The installation manuals says 14.5 gallons water ,( WW manual) I am sure this is only a average for all washes are not the same.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
I am not saying that is accurate, I have not tried to measure the water usage at mine,
more concerned with chemical use and getting the cars clean.That is just what they put in their installation manual.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
About five years ago, I got concerned about water & sewer bills. I built a spreadsheet that took into account changes in nozzle sizes, gantry speeds, etc.

Best I could do (on my top wash) by reclaiming all SFR reject, putting #3 nozzles on the bottom side manifolds, etc was 85 gallons on my eight pass wash. That included a rocker panel pass, two hp passes (one slow, one regular)and a medium pressure ccp pass.

if you don't reclaim sfr reject you can hit 120 gallons on wash

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Hmmm, after I post I see this subject has been resuscitated from Months ago. Anyway Nothing is going here on so here goes:

first generation wizard slightly modified with #3 nozzles on bottom side manifolds & #7s on rocker panel (IIRC #8 is standard on RP)

Numbers- derived averages from stopwatch testing, then nozzle math to calculate gallons per second:

• U/C 3.33 gallons
  • PS/TC 2.5 gallon
  • PS 2nd pass 1.9 gallons
  • RP 11.66
  • HP rinse 11.4
  • Triple Shine 1.62
  • CCP 11.76
  • Rinse 11.4
  • SFR 10.5
  • add for each bug pass 3.6
  • subtract for each MP pass -6.14
  • add for slow pass 10.5