What's new

Water Wizard Arch Issues!

moomooman

Reaction score
Guys and Gals:

I have a Hanna water wizard arch in one of my tunnels and am having many motor failures. We have replaced all the motors at different times and now after 3 months we have 3 more motors out. i have had them tested and been told water and corrosion is killing them. is this typical from any other users or do i just have a bad situation? the unit is 6 months old and aside from the problems works well..... i really need some help! thanks for any help in advance!:confused:

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Sounds odd to me. I am assuming you have Jim Coleman Water Wizards (maybe they are called Hanna's now). Motors go bad but not in 6 months. I don;t care how busy you are. I probably have replaced 75% of the motors on my two washes but they are 5.5 years old. I can's remember replacing any motors that early. Hopefully they are covering you with warranty. You might want to check the grounding of your motors or electric service. That could create failures. Just my thoughts.

Chiefs

Reaction score
Are they electric motors or hydraulic? Hydraulic is preferable when it comes to orbit or oscillating motors. It also depends on what brand they are. We've used Charlynn/eaton corp. motors for years. We tried Parker Hannifin for a while but they were junk and would not hold up in a car wash envrionment. Knowing Hanna its probably just cheap motors causing these failures.

Also, are the motors tied in series or is each one separate?

moomooman

Reaction score
they are electric and are grounded properly. they replaced all the motors once and now we are loosing teh 2 spinners motors and 1 ocilation motor. the spinners are factor wired out of the motor and land in a dry jbox on teh unit?! we have checked them indepentantly and they are either dead short or drawing too many amps (corrosion could cause) very very frustrating because we do like the machine but hate the lemon we have! maybe ahydro switch is the answer? Coleman/Hanna have been good btw - just want the best experience for the customer and dead motors and lack of show dont cut it. thanks for the help!

mac

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what type of motors are these? They should be either wash down or stainless motors. Regular old steel motors are not designed for this, and most motor shops will not warranty a motor in this set up unless it is wash down or stainless. Don't know how they built this arch, but check to make sure all plug in connections, if any, have dielectric grease on them, and all connections are perfectly water tight.

moomooman

Reaction score
thanks for the vote on my website. btw - bought a 35.00 template for that site and added content. pretty funny for cheap!

on the arch. the motors are baldor with built in gear reduction. the whips are factory installed at the motor. the only connections made at the arch are on a few j boxes that tie back to the vfd cabinet. its clearly in the motor set up in my situation. i was really looking to see if this was a common problem out in the industry. the tunnel is macneil and we have never had a motor problem there? knock on wood! so it must be in the hanna/baldor set up.

appreciate all your help!

wishing all dirty cars and clean economy!:)

Etowah