What's new

water wizard 24v DC problem

robblackburn

Reaction score
Looking for a little help on the weekend solving a 24v dc problem on a water wizard. The Omnron 24v dc converter is not supplying the required 24v but the problem I am sure is a short somewhere. On the Omnron there are two outputs at the bottom that carry the 24v dc. When I disconnect the two blue wires from the terminal -v then the Omnron displays and measures the correct 24v. This is as far as I have been able to trace the problem. Any hints on tracking down a problem of this kind.

Thanks.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Rob, I think this is right:

1)Disconnect the wire that goes from the gantry and plugs in the underside of the ECC. If 24 comes on when the cord is disconnected that will rule out a problem inside the ECC, it is either the power cable, gantry sensors, or the treadle/undercarriage eyes. So begin to rule those out one at a time.

2) If you disconnected the plug and 24 came back up,reconnect the plug and disconnect the 24 v wires at the terminal strip inside the gantry. If 24V does work with plug in bottom of ECC and terminal strip disconnected then your cable is probably OK. If 24v does not work with terminal disconnected you have likely ruled out gantry sensors, it is the cable or eye boxes.

3) disconnect treadle and undercarriage eyes in ECC to see if 24V comes back up.

4) from there I guess you could go back to the gantry, disconnect each set of sensors and narrow it down from there. Eventually you will find a sensor that when disconnected the power comes back up.

BTW, years ago my transformer output died. I was just looking around grasping at straws and happened to pick a coke can up that was resting on the eye box. the gantry nearly ran over me on the way back home. I guess it was poorly connected?

Hope this helps and is not too confusing, let us know what you find

Last edited:

robblackburn

Reaction score
Thanks ! It was a 24v problem but that can be difficult to find without being able to narrow down the source somehow. Your instructions were perfect and helped to point me to something out on the gantry. Turned out that it was the cable on one of the count wheel proxes. It looked fine but was difinately causing the short. Thanks for the help.

Rob

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Rob, I think this is right:

1)Disconnect the wire that goes from the gantry and plugs in the underside of the ECC. If 24 comes on when the cord is disconnected that will rule out a problem inside the ECC, it is either the power cable, gantry sensors, or the treadle/undercarriage eyes. So begin to rule those out one at a time.

2) If you disconnected the plug and 24 came back up,reconnect the plug and disconnect the 24 v wires at the terminal strip inside the gantry. If 24V does work with plug in bottom of ECC and terminal strip disconnected then your cable is probably OK. If 24v does not work with terminal disconnected you have likely ruled out gantry sensors, it is the cable or eye boxes.

3) disconnect treadle and undercarriage eyes in ECC to see if 24V comes back up.

4) from there I guess you could go back to the gantry, disconnect each set of sensors and narrow it down from there. Eventually you will find a sensor that when disconnected the power comes back up.

BTW, years ago my transformer output died. I was just looking around grasping at straws and happened to pick a coke can up that was resting on the eye box. the gantry nearly ran over me on the way back home. I guess it was poorly connected?

Hope this helps and is not too confusing, let us know what you find
I know you posted this a long time ago but I wanted to thank-you because it was very helpful to me today when my DC voltage went bad on my WW 1.0 and the LED display was blinking on and off in my ECC. I was able to isolate the problem first to the gantry then to one of my Telco height adjustment eyes. Thanks again! Another reason to love this ACF!