What's new

Water Wizard 2 ending wash after presoak pass

mucoucah

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been operating my wash for just about a year now, and I feel that I have replaced virtually everything single piece of equipment in this machine. Usually the problems are fairly straightforward, but this one has stomped me.
The machine starts the wash normally, undercarriage comes on, and then once the customer parks on the threadle, the presoak pass starts. However, when it reaches the back, it simply stays there for about a minute, then it ends the wash saying "exit wash" or something similar. No blowers, no errors, no nothing.
I then tried to manually operate from the control box, and the machine jogs forward and back, oscillating works, but the boom won't come down.

I tried blocking each eye and see if the PLC responds, it seemed to have worked as intended..

I even replaced the threadle turck to make sure. No cigar.

Any thoughts what this could be? What is the condition to allow the boom to come down? Is there any documentation about the permissives and PLC programming for this machine ?

I've eventually got it working again after some power off/power on cycles, but the problem happened again after a week (and about 200+ cars washed)
Thank you.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
There is two alarm records, "user alarms" and "permanent alarms". I believe you have to access to permanent alarms by hitting the next key while looking at user alarms. See if there is an alarm in permanent alarms describing the problem.

I don't think the boom will come down if there is a boom eye or can eye malfunction, or if the boom count error comes up. you say you have tested all eyes so I would try a boom count test. However, I don't think a boom error will terminate the wash.

mucoucah

Reaction score
There is two alarm records, "user alarms" and "permanent alarms". I believe you have to access to permanent alarms by hitting the next key while looking at user alarms. See if there is an alarm in permanent alarms describing the problem.

I don't think the boom will come down if there is a boom eye or can eye malfunction, or if the boom count error comes up. you say you have tested all eyes so I would try a boom count test. However, I don't think a boom error will terminate the wash.
I found it finally.. the lower turck sensor had some issue. It would come on and stay on until a power off cycle.

I went to check the trucks on the boom counter per your suggestion and noticed this bottom turck was on when the boom was all the way up..

It didn't have any signs of damage and it was hardwired, without the quick connect.

Do these things have a limit lifecycle or something? I think this one was original, about 15 years old.

Thank you for the help.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
All the ones I've seen from the factory have the quick connect cable. Proximity switches last a long time but do go bad. I've had proximity switches go bad on an istobal unit that was around three years old and no visible damage. Many years ago I had some turck switches that would work fine warm but would stay on when they got to the mid 30s. I normally use inexpensive proximity switches and cables from automation direct to replace them, they are about $25 each.

Last edited: