What's new

Water Wizard 2.0 Presoak Issue

Reaction score
Hello, I feel like the presoak on our WW2.0 is not as strong as before. The Chemicals and Pump pressure the same. Thinking prehpas the valve with the solenoid on it which is located on the driver side panel (Part# 6520) need cleaning? Is there a repair kit for these?

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Your air pressure could be too high.

MEP001

Reaction score
Pretty high considering the solenoids they use aren't very good. Disconnect the power to the coil, take it apart, remove the guts, put the cover back on and run it to see if it works right.

bighead

Reaction score
There is also a foam generator after the solenoid that may have gone bad.... but solenoid is the first place to look.

Reaction score
There is also a foam generator after the solenoid that may have gone bad.... but solenoid is the first place to look.
Thanks, Im not sure if there is a foam generator on this line. We have them for the triple shine but not this. It might be hidden somewhere hard to find?

bighead

Reaction score
yup, its right next to the tri foam foamers... its where the air pressure mixes with the product...

Reaction score
Does anyone know where can I buy the repair kit for this presoak solenoid valve? Colemanhanna sell the whole thing and not the repair kit. I dont want to change this whole thing if im not too sure that the issue. Plus with so swivel on it its easier to change only the guts inside it.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you take the guts out and run it a cycle to see if it works better, you'll know if it's even bad without spending any money. Just make sure you unplug the coil.

Reaction score
If you take the guts out and run it a cycle to see if it works better, you'll know if it's even bad without spending any money. Just make sure you unplug the coil.
Sure awesome idea. I do want to have the repair kit in hand in case something goes wrong. my experience with this 10-12 year old equipment is I need to be ready for surprises. Do you where can I buy the repair kit?

MEP001

Reaction score
If you can get a part number for the solenoid, a kit should be easy to find. Asking Kleen-Rite is about as useless as Braille on a drive-up ATM.

Reaction score
If you can get a part number for the solenoid, a kit should be easy to find.
Coleman part number: 6520, and all I see on the coil it self is: 021-001C. I'll call Coleman tomorrow and perhaps they tell me who the manufacturer is.

MEP001

Reaction score
That's an SMC solenoid. There may be more info on another tag possibly on the bottom, but if someone knows a supply source it should be easy to determine the kit by the size and style.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Maybe Grainger? Probably sky high cost but...

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Its an SMC solenoid and will restrict flow when it goes bad. You can plumb around it if you put a check valve in line. I've got two units working that way. I don't think they're unreasonable in cost for a 1/2" SS solenoid-around $125 IIRC.

ETA- $179. MSRP -Motion industries may be able to source a repair kit. They are a big SMC distributor

Last edited:
Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED: Opened the valve and there was a big piece of plastic in it. I think it has come from one of the check valve on it way to here. I did change the entire valve and also the coil since Presoak is very important.

Rainway

Reaction score
Thanks, Im not sure if there is a foam generator on this line. We have them for the triple shine but not this. It might be hidden somewhere hard to find?
There is a foam generator for presoak. We just had a problem with what would appear to be low pressure coming out of the presoak nozzles.

Turned out the foam generator was just clogged, found some Brillo pad in the fittings by the junction. Cleaned that out working good again.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
There is a foam generator for presoak. We just had a problem with what would appear to be low pressure coming out of the presoak nozzles.

Turned out the foam generator was just clogged, found some Brillo pad in the fittings by the junction. Cleaned that out working good again.
I've seen the older plastic brillo pad break down. It will travel downstream and clog fittings. I think they have used stainless for quite a while now.