What's new

Water Wizard 2.0 Nozzels

okcarwashguy

Reaction score
I am thinking about replacing the nozzels on my water wizard with turbo nozzels and was wondering if anyone has ever tried this.

ratfink102

Reaction score
I hope you dont have any convertibles go through it it will mess up the top

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Coleman 2.0s have spraying systems turbo nozzles on them. They don't rotate/ oscillate but simulate a 20degree fan spray. IMO they are over-rated. I don't think they clean as well as 5 degree nozzles. They are noisy, and when they clog they can simulate zero degree nozzles. Although I've never had any complaints I could see them potentially causing problems. I've considered removing mine and going back to five degree IMEGs

Warrior Wash

Reaction score
My 2.0 has IMEG's on the side oscillators and the Spraying System power nozzles in the boom. I was thinking about replacing the power nozzles in the boom with IMEG's. Strictly because of cost. Anyone have an opinion on this??? I have ordered replacement cartidges for the power nozzles directly from Spraying Systems. If my memory serves me correctly, the cartidges were $36-38 each. Also, what do you guys recommend about a different brand turbo nozzle.

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The mail order houses can get you the nozzles. I believe car wash superstore stocks them now. They are #6 I believe. One potential problem I see is lapses in coverage. as mentioned the spraying systems nozzles mimics a 20 degree fan spray, so replacing them with 20 degree imegs would probably be a step backwards in cleaning. But just installing smaller degree nozzles might miss some spots. The 2.0s have just two nozzle outlets, not three. I have considered trying the little splitter-like device that is mfg by spraying systems that would allow you to use two nozzles in one outlet. I believe Dultmeier sells them. Perhaps with a little expirimenting we could find a nozzle that provided good coverage and higher impact than the current setup along with reliability of regular nozzles.

Reds

Reaction score
The timing of this thread is right on for me. I just started having a problem on my 2.0 with a slight mask being left on some windshields. I am looking at replacing the boom nozzles and have been wondering if I could change the nozzles to help this problem. Right now I have factory nozzles in the boom, 30 seconds dwell time on 2 passes of AA presoak. I seem to have this mask problem at certain times of the year. Any suggestions as which nozzles would help this? Right now I have replacement cartridges for the factory nozzles.

JoelM

Custom User Title
Reaction score
ww 2.0 nozzles

Our WW 2.0 is just over 1 year old and we had to replace the oscillating nozzles after about 7 months. This seems to be a short amount of time for nozzles to wear out, but the difference in cleaning was night and day. You could see, feel and biggest surprise, HEAR the difference. I was not able to find any of the mail order places that had enough nozzle cartridges to replace all 24 nozzles. Sonny's had the cartridges, but only 6 on hand, could not tell me when they would get more, Kleen rite does not sell the cartridges only, only the entire nozzle. Dultmier did not stock them, Coleman thinks they are made of gold, so I contacted Spraying Systems and they gave me a one time deal of 25 bucks apiece. After I replaced the nozzles, I used a dremel tool to cut open one of the old ones and it is a pretty intricate design. It uses a zero degree needle jet oscillating faster than you can see to mimic a 20 degree fan spray. I could not figure out why they needed to be replaced because there was no clogging and the insides of the old vs. the new looked identical, but there was a HUGE difference. I shudder at the thought of spending retail (approx $70 each) x 24 twice a year. WW 2.0 owners need to band together and use our collective resources to come up with a better solution.:cool:

Reds

Reaction score
What I found so far was badly clogged mesh screens in the power jet nozzles. I called Kleenrite and spoke to a rep - they had the #06 cartridges (P/N SNPJC06 - $26.68 ea) and the inlet filter screens (P/N SNPJF23508) in stock. Also IMEG nozzles for the side oscillating arms for $3.23 each. The nozzle that they list on their website is just the nozzle body only - nothing else. I ordered them on Tuesday and received them the next day, will put them in today. I also noticed that the psi dropped when all the nozzles were spraying (boom & sides) more than it used to. WW 2.0 has 49000 washes on it so I am not sure if pump is getting tired. In the mean time I will replace all the rinse nozzles to see if that makes a difference in pressure.

Reds

Reaction score
JoelM - Do you have the power jet nozzles on your side oscillating arms too? My WW 2.0 only has power jet nozzles on the boom - not the sides. If you have power jets on the sides do they stick out from the gantry? Or was their an option to get these when it was new that would keep the nozzles flush or behind the gantry face? If I put them on my WW they would stick out about 2 - 3" and I am certain that someone would knock them off driving out.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Red's I would just replace all high pressure nozzles and see how your pressure is. I do it as part of an annual maintenance schedule. I'm about to hex myself, but I'm taking care of a wash with a wizard that has 126K car count. To my knowledge the head has never been off the pump- not so much as a new seal kit installed. I replaced a burst high pressure hose today. After the repair she she was putting out 1100 psi.

JoelM

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Reds-I have only oscillating nozzles in my 2.0. Everything high pressure is SS #6 nozzles. We had a few problems with clogged screens but nothing major. All nozzles are behind the skin of the machine out of harms way (knock on wood). In your opinion, do the imegs clean better than the oscillating nozzles, or the other way around, or is there that much of a difference?

Reds

Reaction score
I can't see any difference in cleaning between the two. But my boom only has 6 SS powerjet nozzles on it, while each side of the gantry has 6 oscillating IMEG nozzles. So the extra nozzles on each side may make up any difference in effectiveness. I cannot put the Powerjet nozzles on the side oscillating arms because they are not recessed enough to keep the nozzles behind the skin. I believe the powerjet nozzles on the side oscillating arms is an option that I was not aware of when I bought it. I would note though that I live in a rural area with a lot of dirt (gravel) roads, lots of mud, etc, and I wash some real dirty cars/trucks. I have more of a problem with a mask on the windshield than with the sides of vehicles. Any complaints that I have had about cars not being clean on the side came from equipment problems. I'm not sure what is causing the mask. I am changing all of the high pressure nozzles/cartridges today (boom and side arms) to see if my pressure comes back up while they are all spraying.

Reds

Reaction score
cfcw - do you use a 2 step presoak ? Or just a high alkaline presoak? I use 2 passes of AA high alkaline presoak and I put it on heavy, with a 15 second delay at end of each presoak pass. If I understand correctly the acid presoak works real well on windshield masks, but I am afraid of putting acid on a car. Since I normally do not have a mask issue I have been trying to make sure that my rinse pass is effective, but perhaps I have a different problem than I think I do.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I use high-high and give the customer windshield squeegees to remove their own eyebrow. In my experience, just like road film, eyebrow relies on good chemistry primarily, followed by good impact. All the water in the world alone will not remove eyebrow. I have used lo-hi before and had decent results on eyebrow, but it seems to be a real balancing act because you often end up compromising paint cleaning (in my region anyway). I would not fear properly diluted low ph presoak on cars unless it is HF based.