What's new

Water Wizard 2.0 IBA

Roz

Reaction score
Can you control a Water Wizard 2.0 (from 2020) remotely like a Washworld?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Not fully, but you access the Red Lion HMI and program recipes, look at inputs and outputs, alarms, revenue, etc. I've never bothered because I don't find it useful. You can't move it or reset via HMI. you hook thecable up to the red lion and are supposed to have a static IP address.

You could easily set up a relay to reset the unit and start washes with a inexpensive smarthome device

Last edited:

Roz

Reaction score
OK thx. Can you issue a wash remotely? Does the machine auto reset on a fault?

I am spoiled with all my WW equipment. Being able to control things from my phone.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
In all honesty if the water wizard is running properly fatal faults that require a hard reset are rare. I probably average pressing the reset button maybe every 2-3K cars. If you have to reset it often something is not right. Count wheel proximity failures, boom count failures will try to reset three times before it shuts the machine down. Almost any fault that needs a press of the hardwired reset button needs investigation to the root of the problem and is probably a proximity switch, or eye failure. The only exception I can think of is if the power blinks my machine will fault out with a wheel count error and requires a press of the reset button.

It would be super easy to just wire a wifi relay switch into the reset or to do a wash. The buttons are mounted on the door of the ECC and you could just wire it in parallel.

If well maintained a water wizard is very reliable, with no L arm that could potentially strike a car and fault, no sonar, but still gives a great quality wash.

Last edited:

Roz

Reaction score
So about once a month to 6 weeks. Thank you, most helpful.