What's new

Water Wizard 1.0 Arming Itself

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Over the past few weeks my one water wizard 1.0 will arm itself for no reason. I will walk by and notice the "enter now" sign on. I drove my vehicle through and noticed that it is always my economy wash package. Today it happened and I drove my truck in and it actually washed the truck twice. Once when I drove in and a second time after the truck was sitting there for approximately 5 minutes. The second time it washed the "exit now" light was flashing on the tower.
Here is what I have done to troubleshoot so far:
1. I disabled the reset cycles on the red lion.
2. I switched two of the "blue" relays around in the entry wizard to see if a contacter was closing. (I figured a different wash package would self arm if it was a problem)

Still having the problem however.
Any ideas?
Probably giving away a free wash as we speak.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Sounds like you are the right track with the relays, but you might want to make sure you do not have a short in the banter eyes for the underspray, if you are set up like mine the underspray must come on before the wash can start.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I switched out the relays from my other bay today and the problem is still occuring on the original bay. I am curious about the banter eye short. Could this be causing the wash to arm? I took the cover off the banter eyes and they will full of dirt. I cleaned them out but the wash armed while I was in the process of cleaning the stainless boxes the eyes are held in. I was thinking that my next step would be to shut down the entry wizard completely and see if it still arms. If it does, then I will know it is from the red lion on. Also, I did upgrade this entry wizard with a Mars validator. I do not think this is the problem because I did that over a year ago with no problems until now.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I would go inside the ECC and disconnect the wires from the entry wizard there. That would rule out a short in the cable going from entry wizard to the ECC

Last weekend a local operator had a strike a couple hundred feet from the building. He was there when it happened. It took out a floor eye and input card. It also fused the undercarriage and treadle eye wires together and took out three of the output relays on the wash select.