What's new

Water spots.

carwashireland

Reaction score
What type of wash do you have? If it is a touchfree then it may be your soap. If the soap is very caustic and hits a hot cars surface, It may burn!

MEP001

Reaction score
Run a clean, spotless car through your machine and see if it leaves spots.

Did he use a damp microfiber cloth to try and remove the spots? Because no amount of rubbing with a dry towel will remove them.

wash4me

Reaction score
Lots of other cars have gone through with no known issues but i have seen this on my own car actually. It was the one i would drive to the wash and "test" so lots of washes. A detail shop tried fine steel wool and it wasn't coming off very easily so they quit on it. I am using the following products. MEP yes he said he was using a damp microfiber cloth.

1. Simoniz Correct. "not suspect because I was using turbo clean before that and liquid from warsaw before that when i had trouble on my own car.

2. Simoniz foam additive. Not suspect in my mind.

3. Vanilla Kote Clear Coat Protectant formula 538 Warsaw. possibly the culprit.

4. Berry Dry formula 570 Warsaw. ??? possibly the culprit

5. Formula 576 finisher

6 Jazz Foam Polish formula 557 Warsaw and 2 other colors of this same stuff.

Is there some lab that can figure this out or tell me if you put x on it and it fizzes or disappears or changes colors it's casused by this?

wash4me

Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace their resin? My softener has had to be regenerated a lot more often and I am wondering if it's resin. I think the Resin is from 2005.

Last edited:

chaz

Reaction score
So yeah resin does need replacing. I’m getting to that point myself....but so far just regenerate a bit more often give me great water so I’m keeping a close eye on that.

I’d suspect your Warsaw clear coat. I had a similar issue and I ended out with two issues. 1) a leak in the supply line above the gantry. This caused excessive product mainly on passenger side windows. I also was dispensing too much product. The spot free couldn’t remove it all. But my issue was pretty much on most vehicles in same spot on cars.

I am in the process of testing JBS chemicals .....so far very happy. The sales rep actually spent time titrating my soaps and measuring usage per car. We dialed back from Warsaw settings.....and I’m getting great feedback