What's new

Water Softener w/ Flek 9500 head, has stopped. Advice

soonermajic

Reaction score
My water softener has seemed to stop working. I unplugged & plugged back in. Checked intake & outtake hoses. Any ideas?
I came in & salt was bone dry. I waited a couple of hours...nothing. So I put about 7 or 8 gallons water in it.

Advice? all hel has broke loose at my wash in past 6 days...during POLLEN SEASON!!!

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm sure I can figure it out, but I don't think you can.

MEP001

Reaction score
There's not a brine valve motor on a Fleck 9500. The brine valve is operated by a cam on the piston drive shaft.

First you want to check the brine flow. Pull the cable from the meter and open the meter door, then turn the dial until the switch is just on the first set of pins. Leave it there to start the cycle while you unhook the brine line from the tank. After the piston drive motor stops moving, turn the dial until the switch drops into the first gap of pins (It's the long one, should be about a third of the way around the dial). When the motor stops turning again you should feel a fairly strong suction on the brine tank hose. If you do, turn the dial until the switch is on the next set of pins, wait for motor to stop again and turn the dial until the switch drops into the next gap. When the motor stops again there should be a flow of about 3 GPM from the tube. Turn the dial around to home, wait for motor to stop, and repeat the entire procedure. You should get the same result a second time.