What's new

Water Softener install

Overachiever

Reaction score
Looks like this softener might have a bypass built into it? I won't need to reuse all that plumbing above the current one to bypass the softeners? I didn't get a manual with this thing for some reason... but water guy PM'd me that it's a Clack and I found a manual online that looked like it has a bypass?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Usually the head has a built in bypass, but you’ll want another one in the plumbing as well. This may come in handy down the road, like next month, next year, next decade. But sometime you’ll be glad you put one in.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Usually the head has a built in bypass, but you’ll want another one in the plumbing as well. This may come in handy down the road, like next month, next year, next decade. But sometime you’ll be glad you put one in.
Agree. That allows you to bypass the entire unit in the event you need to remove it for service or replacement.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Agree. That allows you to bypass the entire unit in the event you need to remove it for service or replacement.
Thanks guys - I'm going to do the install this weekend. I'll keep the bypass in there.