What's new

Water Reclaim Systems

washregal

Reaction score
Can someone give me a few company names and contacts for reclaim systems. Looking for a solid reputable company with customer service. Interested in reclaiming water run off from my silt tanks.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I would say the same about Bryant Ruder at Sobrite. Great people to deal with. Very professional and I have seen their system work. I would definitely talk to them and tell them your needs.

mac

Reaction score
Catec is another one to consider. To my knowledge, they are the only one with a 5 year warranty.

carnut2

Express Exterior
Reaction score
We have a HydroMizer 3000 and are considering shutting it down. We did some studies and it is costing more in electricity than water savings.

mac

Reaction score
carnut2, what you found is actually pretty common. I think the majority of reclaim systems sold is because the building dept that issues the permits, require them.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I would agree with Mac. There are some really good systems out there that work very well but they are not cheap. The difference between a really effective reclaim system and just having a system is pretty expensive. Seems like when a customer looks at building a wash that is the first place they tend to cut to the bone.

Dean Taylor

Dean Taylor, CATEC.com
Reaction score
As a manufacturer, I can tell you many reclaim system sales are driven by the high cost of water and sewer. One system we recently installed in a 2 Auto and 5 SS bay wash, the water and sewer bill was over $8K a month. (Yes, you read that right, $8K!) The reclaim system has reduced that to about $2K per month offering a HUGE increase in his bottom line.

PEI

Reaction score
I have never installed a water reclaim system at a self serve location, but we did just install one at an iba location. It is a Con-Serv unit. It requires regular service, but it appears to be paying off so far.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I have a PurClean for almost three years now. It saves me about 40-50% on water and sewage. I am not a big fan of their Ozone system because of some expensive maintenance every two years (ozone cell and oxygen concentrator replacement) but over all it is a money saver. Especially when the tank infrastructure will finally be paid off. Here is an article I wrote for Auto Laundry News that shows some of my actual savings.
http://carwashmag.com/issues/jan-2013/reclaim.cfm

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
I have a PurClean for almost three years now. It saves me about 40-50% on water and sewage. I am not a big fan of their Ozone system because of some expensive maintenance every two years (ozone cell and oxygen concentrator replacement) but over all it is a money saver. Especially when the tank infrastructure will finally be paid off. Here is an article I wrote for Auto Laundry News that shows some of my actual savings.
http://carwashmag.com/issues/jan-2013/reclaim.cfm
I recently purchased a pur clean unit 6 mos ago 60gpm and am over all pleased with the results. I opted to double the recommended 12 gram to 24 gram output. No oder and no "dye" color to water. I'll be shutting system off during summer months jun-oct to save on maint and increase life of ozone/airsep ( hope it works )

I have a 5 and 1 auto all plumbed together going to 3 1500 gal tanks. They recommend cleaning the filter every seven days but I'm losing prime after 2 days so I just clean out daily.

My water/trash bill was $2.5k / mo now it's $600.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I think you are having a problem. You should not be losing prime every two days no matter what. My filter is cleaned once a month and I never lose prime.

chaz

Reaction score
Wow. 6k in water/sewer savings. Sounds like you are using reclaim in most all functions except I guess spot free? What are the costs of equipment, electric, and up keep. How's the wash quality? What about odor issues after the water starts getting tired?

Etowah

CleanWD

cleanwd.com
Reaction score
Can someone give me a few company names and contacts for reclaim systems. Looking for a solid reputable company with customer service. Interested in reclaiming water run off from my silt tanks.
so which company did you decide to go with??

washnvac

Reaction score
I have a 5 and 1 auto all plumbed together going to 3 1500 gal tanks. They recommend cleaning the filter every seven days but I'm losing prime after 2 days so I just clean out daily.
I have this same set up. You obviously have a bad check valve down in the tank, or you have a hairline crack in your plumbing. That system will never lose prime if installed properly. I clean mine every 5-7 depending on biz.

Why would you shut it off in the Summer? You prefer not to save during those months?? A reclaim unit is just like any other piece of equipment. it needs routine maintenance. The air seps need to be service regularly. I have a spare, so when the oxygen production starts to dwindle, I just put in the spare and send the other one to Fin-Tek ozone in New jersey.

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
My thought on shutting down ozone for summer is that I can essentially double the life of ozone and air sep. We are dead for the most part so what's the point in running the vfd drive/ozone/airsep etc..as far as I can see its counterproductive. I am also free from maint issues all summer long :).