What's new

Water leaks from spotfree after wash is done

chance_mcneil

Reaction score
I have had customers complaining that after the wash is done that they have water dripping or running down on their car from my corkscrew brass spotfree nozzle. why is this water still dripping from the nozzles?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Constantly dripping, or for just a few minutes following the SFR application?

If constant, check your check valve located at the spot free delivery pump. Its' cracking pressure should be sufficient to prevent this. That is assuming you haven't elevated your SFR tank somehow.

If the leak is just for a few minutes, look for a leak in your SFR line. Even a small leak will break the vacuum and allow the water in the lines to drip out.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
Constantly dripping, or for just a few minutes following the SFR application?

If constant, check your check valve located at the spot free delivery pump. Its' cracking pressure should be sufficient to prevent this. That is assuming you haven't elevated your SFR tank somehow.

If the leak is just for a few minutes, look for a leak in your SFR line. Even a small leak will break the vacuum and allow the water in the lines to drip out.
Also look at your winter blow down air system if you have one and make sure the solenoid valve is not leaking air into the lines.
If there is a push lock fitting the ones with the collar to push and release the tube, they are only good for pressure and not holding vacuum, they will let air in when the pressure is released thereby allowing the water to flow out.

chance_mcneil

Reaction score
Thanks guys! all great information! this forum is great i cant believe i didnt find this earlier. I will check these things and see what i come up with. i built my site in November of 2005 and have had to do all my own service work because my distributor was so incompetent, I was told a few years ago that they arent even allowed to distribute Jim Coleman equipment anymore.