What's new

Water Heaters Rheem Commercial versus Lochinvar

CentralTex

Reaction score
We have a Lochinvar water heater fired by natural gas (model cln199100) that is starting to leak at the bottom. Time to replace as we want to continue to have a water heater. I am shocked that we are being quoted $6.6K for a similar Lochinvar model. I am actually shocked at the cost period. I've seen a commercial Rheem with same specs for about $3.8K at Home Depot. Anyone have any experience with Rheem? We don't mind spending money on quality, but $6.6K seems quite high. Anyone have ideas of other water heaters that are high quality and reasonably priced?

rhino

Reaction score
We installed a couple of American Poloris 199BTU water heaters back in 2004. We went that route since the tanks are made of stainless. We have replaced a few ignitors, and both blower motors. The parts pretty expensive but the heaters are still going strong. They are a high efficient water heater so you will need PVC intake and exhaust. Just beware, I bet these things are over 10k now.

Attachments

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Ive had one Rheem in the past and just installed another Rheem last Year. I've had no real issues with it.

HeyVern

Reaction score
We always install Rheem furnace and AC both commercial and residential. They are more money but, well worth it. Trouble free operation for years, the only thing we ever have to do is replace the flame sensor every four or five years. We don't do plumbing, but I've installed a couple of their residential water heaters and never had any problems.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with a Rheem water heater. The main thing you need to verify if you are piped as direct flow and not primary /secondary system, is will the Rheem flow the water you need at an acceptable pressure drop.

Meckiesm

Reaction score
I'm also here Rheem water heater user. A few days ago i've purchased a new Rheem RTGH-95DVLN water heater after reading a review from hvaclifehack. Very pleased with this purchase. Did quite a bit of research prior to purchasing this one. It looks and works great.

Last edited:

CleanMachine

Reaction score
I replaced our old water heater with this: Commercial Triton Heavy Duty High Efficiency 100 Gal. 200K BTU ULN Natural Gas Power Direct Vent Tank Water Heater I ordered it from Home Depot as they had the best price. It was $6650.85 plus tax and $75 for delivery. Just looked it up; now $9142.70 plus tax and delivery. Had my plumber remove old unit and install this. Total was approx. $9000. Very happy with it.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I replaced our old water heater with this: Commercial Triton Heavy Duty High Efficiency 100 Gal. 200K BTU ULN Natural Gas Power Direct Vent Tank Water Heater I ordered it from Home Depot as they had the best price. It was $6650.85 plus tax and $75 for delivery. Just looked it up; now $9142.70 plus tax and delivery. Had my plumber remove old unit and install this. Total was approx. $9000. Very happy with it.
So i already went up 40%??!!! Wth😳😬
What kind of wash u got?