What's new

Washworld XR7

slash007

Reaction score
What would you guys say is the breakdown of cpd, on the Razr's?
Ie: 35 cpd = XR7, 36---60 Razr, 60 + Razr Edge...?

Any advice?
All depends on what you want. Even with a busy wash the XR7 would work, but if you want some of the nicer options/look, then go Razor even if you are slow. That's my problem, I'm slow but still want the Razor for those reasons.

carwashireland

Reaction score
I have some time lapses of the install on my Facebook page @JoshsWashes. I’ll have to get some of the pump stand.
Josh, Do you have any good videos showing dirty cars going into the wash and then coming out clean. I have customers sceptical about how well an XR-7 would clean. All sales videos show clean cars in so clean cars out!

washnshine

Reaction score
I can’t see how any of those machines would clean any differently from one to the other. If you had an edge, razor, or Xr7 - say all with the same chemical and amount of chemical and hp passes and dwell, the result should be the same. The difference - as stated before- is the look, options, throughput, etc. of these machines.

I understand as a salesman you would want to be able to show a customer dirty in/clean out in a video, but I would think customers could see the machine doesn’t size the car any differently, and it’s still an inverted L with with the same pump and application method, so the basic clean in one would equal the other.

carwashireland

Reaction score
I can’t see how any of those machines would clean any differently from one to the other. If you had an edge, razor, or Xr7 - say all with the same chemical and amount of chemical and hp passes and dwell, the result should be the same. The difference - as stated before- is the look, options, throughput, etc. of these machines.

I understand as a salesman you would want to be able to show a customer dirty in/clean out in a video, but I would think customers could see the machine doesn’t size the car any differently, and it’s still an inverted L with with the same pump and application method, so the basic clean in one would equal the other.
Totally agree, but we have no Razors at all in the UK or Ireland so without dirty car videos we are screwed!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
On youtube there are quite a lot of videos of Razors but most are filmed inside the vehicle. I will reach out to these guys filming them to do a before and after comparison and see if they will film outside the vehicle.

water guy

Reaction score
Is this special still going on ? And has anyone purchased one?

washnshine

Reaction score
The folks that build the touchless iba’s need to show some examples similar to this:

I know it’s a tunnel, but this is what you can do with an unattended touchless machine. Dirt/mud like this and winter salt is where these machines excel.

I’d have to prep this for a couple of minutes before I’d let it in my friction tunnel. And I’m sure the same would be true for most friction IBA’s unless they have some type of hp prewash pass.

sparkey

Reaction score
What a great template to work from! It is a good way to figure out which model suits you best!
Why would the CPD change from unit to unit? I would think they would all be the same speed if the packages are the same? Of course if the wash packages change that would change the time.

DiamondWash

Reaction score

I like the new electrical/HP/chemical manifold system WashWorld came out with to make those runs cleaner looking and easier to maintain.

1567475626565.png
1567475710748.png

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
Pricing can be quite deceptive. By the time you put options on it, have it shipped to you, installed and pay sales tax, you are well north of there. Istobal has an automatic that starts under 50K, but it's the same thing.

water guy

Reaction score
Who sells them in the Houston area?

Last edited:

carwashireland

Reaction score
Why would the CPD change from unit to unit? I would think they would all be the same speed if the packages are the same? Of course if the wash packages change that would change the time.
It is down to the ability to add things like hyper flex which can increase the cpd. I do not think the XR-7 can do this. I guess if you predict a higher cpd is needed for your site you then switch to an even faster machine like an Oasis xp or Typhoon.