What's new

Washworld WW Profile recommendations

JustClean

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am thinking of throwing out my Washtec and buying a Washworld Profile. What I hated the most on my Washtec were the guide rails, the narrow washing
envelope, the complexity (rocket science is a piece of cake compared to this) and the constant babysitting of the machine due to customer stupidity.
I also have a WW Razor but the cleaning result, especially after the rain, is so much better with a brush machine. Therefor I would need some input of current owners of a WW Profile:

Which model do you have (ST, Max, extras, etc.), what year, and are you happy with your decision for those options or would you choose something else now since you had it for a while?

Is your WW Profile operational while unattended or do you always need someone on site babysitting? Open 24/7?
If it is unattended, how many phone calls do you usually get and why regarding this machine?

What annoys you the most on that machine?

Have you had customers driving in with fragile antennas, sharp accessories that cut into the brushes or other fittings that were not suitable
for the machine? What happened and what did you / the machine do? Damage to car or machine$$$?

What happens if the customer parks way to much to one side so the brush can't go past? How is he (in an unattended situation)
able to rectify this?

I am located in Australia - about 1200 miles away from the closest WW distributor that has a great experience with WW & PDQs but never installed a Profile
My belief is: "If it's not there - it can't break down!" In that regard is a wheel brush or touchless wheel cleaner really necessary
or would I get away without it? I still need to have a good wash. For me it is less about the costs but more about reliability.

Sorry, for all those questions :)) and thank you in advance.
Cheers Justclean

soonermajic

Reaction score
Good questions. Maybe someone can help soon
I know the Profile is much more expensive than the SoftGloss, & Ryko has a $99k installed right now. Not sure if that works in Australia though...

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am thinking of throwing out my Washtec and buying a Washworld Profile. What I hated the most on my Washtec were the guide rails, the narrow washing
envelope, the complexity (rocket science is a piece of cake compared to this) and the constant babysitting of the machine due to customer stupidity.
I also have a WW Razor but the cleaning result, especially after the rain, is so much better with a brush machine. Therefore I would need some input of current owners of a WW Profile:

Which model do you have (ST, Max, extras, etc.), what year, and are you happy with your decision for those options or would you choose something else now since you had it for a while?
Just installed a new 2019 Profile MAX unit and we ordered every option available except the touchless wheel detailer which can be added on the system later if we choose to do so. We opted for power towers in place of them and now we are looking into adding the wheel detailer.
Is your WW Profile operational while unattended or do you always need someone on site babysitting? Open 24/7?
If it is unattended, how many phone calls do you usually get and why regarding this machine?
We are open 24/7 and the very nice thing WashWorld built into the system IF the Profile detects an overcurrent or an issue on a vehicle and it doesn't like it the brushes will stop and retract and finish the rest of the entire wash in a touchfree mode.
Nothing I can honestly think of currently.
Have you had customers driving in with fragile antennas, sharp accessories that cut into the brushes or other fittings that were not suitable
for the machine? What happened and what did you / the machine do? Damage to car or machine$$$?
As with any friction system including the Profile if a vehicle has loose objects the brushes "may" help remove them, on our old SoftGloss we got back racks, extended ball hitches, even a moron trying to go in with a trailer, etc we posted a lot of these videos on YouTube.
What happens if the customer parks way too much to one side so the brush can't go past? How is he (in an unattended situation)
able to rectify this?
On a Profile or Razor, they are called FT Zone Faults and we have ours set up to cancel the wash if the vehicle is not in the determined wash envelope so the Profile can wash the vehicle safely. Also, all WashWorld systems have an Autohome feature that once the vehicle has left the bay it will go through a series of safety checks and then put itself back at home ready for the next customer if it finds the system is in a state that renders it inoperable it will shut itself down until it is repaired.
I am located in Australia - about 1200 miles away from the closest WW distributor that has a great experience with WW & PDQs but never installed a Profile
My belief is: "If it's not there - it can't break down!" In that regard is a wheel brush or touchless wheel cleaner really necessary
or would I get away without it? I still need to have a good wash. For me, it is less about the costs but more about reliability.
Touchless Wheel Detailer is a MUST on the Profile.

The amount of flexibility in programming you have with the Profile is amazing you can even run it with your smartphone. I still am amazed at I keep finding myself saying things like: "it can do that or let's try this or let's try that.

Cheers Justclean

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Hi all,
I also have a WW Razor but the cleaning result, especially after the rain, is so much better with a brush machine. Therefor I would need some input of current owners of a WW Profile:

What happens if the customer parks way to much to one side so the brush can't go past? How is he (in an unattended situation)
able to rectify this?

or would I get away without it? I still need to have a good wash. For me it is less about the costs but more about reliability.

Cheers Justclean

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Am travelling in Europe and will be back in the States on the 15th. Send me another email with your private email address and I'll respond once I get back and organized in my office. Can't figure out how to do a private response with this new forum. Arlene Wilkins, Cheetah Express.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Am travelling in Europe and will be back in the States on the 15th. Send me another email with your private email address and I'll respond once I get back and organized in my office. Can't figure out how to do a private response with this new forum. Arlene Wilkins, Cheetah Express.
Hi Arlene, I'd like to hear your experience too if possible.