What's new

Washworld Razor

peaches

Reaction score
Our fairly new Razor is constantly throwing the code 10 - Impact Hit Abort Wash. This happened about 7 times this morning and even more this afternoon. As much as we hate to, we are considering closing the wash when the attendant leaves for the evening. This can't always be user error because their can't be that many challenged customers, right? Anyone else experience this?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Is the error on the same pass each time? Have you checked your shear bolt on the arch, check to be sure the arch impact proximity switch is working and not flickering when you tilt the arch sideways.

1614123595965.png

Damoni88

Reaction score
Is the spray arch impact happening in the same position as the arch goes around? Mine used to do it all the time after 3foam it would kick the arch back about 2 inches ended up being a bad gear box.

Eric H

Reaction score
I think DiamondWash is on the right track. I had a few of these codes soon after installation. Local tech had me check that prox and I made an adjustment. Haven't had an issue since.
Did you contact WW tech support?

chevyguy09

Reaction score
Hi Peaches:

I am Alex with Washworld Tech Support. Does your attendant possibly have any info that you could share with us to help out as far as the impacts go? There is a few different scenarios that come to mind but any info will definitely go a long way. Feel free to give us a call and we can help you out. 920-338-9278

Thanks.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Our fairly new Razor is constantly throwing the code 10 - Impact Hit Abort Wash. This happened about 7 times this morning and even more this afternoon. As much as we hate to, we are considering closing the wash when the attendant leaves for the evening. This can't always be user error because their can't be that many challenged customers, right? Anyone else experience this?
Definitely get it properly repaired instead of closing overnight!!!

peaches

Reaction score
Well, worked with a WashWorld tech. today, had us download the latest and greatest software. I didn’t have much hope that would solve this problem but we washed about 45 cars and now it’s throwing the same error code again. We can’t keep this open and go home. Our customers have had enough and so have we. This machine is about a year and a half old. And of course WashWorld has gone home for the evening. We are stuck again. This has been going on since the weekend.

Overachiever

Reaction score
I'm sure WW had you check it already but If you tilt the arm out how far does it need to go before the yellow light on the sensor turns on? When this happened to me the error only triggered when the HP rinse turned on cuz it was kicking the arm out far enough to throw the error and I just had to adjust the nuts on diamondwash's picture. It's not actually impacting the vehicle right?

Last edited:

johnjamatic

Reaction score
Well, worked with a WashWorld tech. today, had us download the latest and greatest software. I didn’t have much hope that would solve this problem but we washed about 45 cars and now it’s throwing the same error code again. We can’t keep this open and go home. Our customers have had enough and so have we. This machine is about a year and a half old. And of course WashWorld has gone home for the evening. We are stuck again. This has been going on since the weekend.
Washworld has 24 hour technical support

fastlx

Reaction score
Washworld Tech is very good. ( probably the best) They have even called me back on a Sunday morning at 8am. Someone has to be watching the machine to see when the alarm goes off. Or if you have a camera in the bay view it and get WW a video?

Is the arm actually hitting something or could it be an out of adjustment switch?

As overachiever said it is very easy to lift the arm and see when the light comes on. I check mine daily just to see how much play is in the arm.
Just my 2 cents.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a mechanical adjustment is needed to remedy the problem. Either there is is some play caused by wear or the sensor needs adjusting.

Roz

Reaction score
After about 3 months (October install) we experienced random stop eye error codes or car stuck in bay messages. Watching the cars and the video there was no apparent cause by a customer. Between WW and our installer the issue was resolved by adjusting the stop eye gain which was set too high during the installation. In addition the arm sensor seemed to have moved slightly off center which generated other random error messages.

Fixed now by adjusting the sensor above the arm and the gain in the box on the wall. May not be your issue but two other items to check.