What's new

Washworld Razor washing envelope moves sidewards and rips of mirror

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
can you apply the correct power to the motor brake to see if it's working properly? If you can get it to brake this way, then the issue must be that The motor brake is not receiving a signal to come on.

The trolley goes back-and-forth along the length of the bridge. So, does it stop correctly on one side of the vehicle indicating that the motor brake is working Normally half the time? Or does it fail to come on to the left stop and to the right stop?

JustClean

Reaction score
can you apply the correct power to the motor brake to see if it's working properly? If you can get it to brake this way, then the issue must be that The motor brake is not receiving a signal to come on.

The trolley goes back-and-forth along the length of the bridge. So, does it stop correctly on one side of the vehicle indicating that the motor brake is working Normally half the time? Or does it fail to come on to the left stop and to the right stop?
Hi Waxman,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm currently at a carwash trade ahow away from the carwash. Meanwhile something else happened:

I activated a dry wash and when the arched went past the side of the car I could not move it by hand. Next round I was able to, like all the following rounds. I increased the
What the heck is going on here?
That thing is just doing whatever it wants.
I only hope Washworld is coming up with a solution soon...

sparkey

Reaction score

If its using a powerflex 4 VFD like mine does, it doesn't really have a brake. The drive uses dc injection to simulate a brake and its only active for a set time after a stop command is issued to the drive usually a second or two.

JustClean

Reaction score
If its using a powerflex 4 VFD like mine does, it doesn't really have a brake. The drive uses dc injection to simulate a brake and its only active for a set time after a stop command is issued to the drive usually a second or two.
Hi Sparkey,
Yes, that's right. And this injection seems now to come and go. Washworld asked me to increase the time to 90 sec and increase the amps. So far nothing has worked. 😔

JustClean

Reaction score
SOLUTION:
Hi all. It looks like we found the solution. As you have seen we have tried everything and finally after my technician getting a more advanced handbook and reading more on the speed controller we made a separate ground from the motor directly to the speed controller.
Many, many years ago he did that on other Washworld machines he installed but that led to other issues he had to fight with.
In our case, however, it solved our problem.
I am still monitoring the machine but it hasn't missed a beat. So, if the arch moves during the wash it can be the gearbox OR the missing DIRECT ground/earth from motor to the speed controller!
I'm over the moon. I couldn't wait to report back just in case somebody else was desperate finding the solution.

HELLO WASHWORLD? Something to write down! Thanks. ;)

JustClean

Reaction score
Hmm...there was not a direct cable to the speed controller. My technician said in the past by doing this he had major trouble when even a small amount of moisture got into the motor. Yes, it was grounded but not with a direct cable.

water guy

Reaction score
Can you send some pictures of what your talking about thanks