What's new

Washworld Razor washing envelope moves sidewards and rips of mirror

JustClean

Reaction score
Hi all,
6 months after replacing my gearbox our machine ripped off a Jeep's side mirror. The whole washing envelope moved 1 foot to the side. I was able to easily move my arch by hand for about 3 seconds. Then it was rock solid. I tried to move it back which was not possible. Because we were so busy I just kept washing cars and the fricking thing hasn't missed a beat since. Anyone any ideas what the heck is going on here? Very much appreciated.

water guy

Reaction score
You know mine always likes to go all the way to the end of the bay when washing a jeep what color and style.?

JustClean

Reaction score
Okay, an update here:

NEITHER WASHWORLD, MY TECHNICIAN NOR I CAN FIND THE ISSUE!

The issue is that the motor brake is not applied to the trolley motor. We do a dry wash run and I am able to move the arch buy hand away from the car. This shifts the washing envelope towards the side, damaging mirrors.

We replaced:
The Gearbox
The Motor
The Speed controller
All cables into the bridge and trolley
All WAGO connectors
The @#$% thing DOES NOT BRAKE!

We checked, double checked and triple checked all speed controller settings.
My next step will be a sledge hammer to put this thing to rest!
Before that would anyone have any other idea? This would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Wiggles

Reaction score
Okay, an update here:

NEITHER WASHWORLD, MY TECHNICIAN NOR I CAN FIND THE ISSUE!

The issue is that the motor brake is not applied to the trolley motor. We do a dry wash run and I am able to move the arch buy hand away from the car. This shifts the washing envelope towards the side, damaging mirrors.

We replaced:
The Gearbox
The Motor
The Speed controller
All cables into the bridge and trolley
All WAGO connectors
The @#$% thing DOES NOT BRAKE!

We checked, double checked and triple checked all speed controller settings.
My next step will be a sledge hammer to put this thing to rest!
Before that would anyone have any other idea? This would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Please call Washworld Tech Support. There are a couple of things we can do to help with DC braking.

JustClean

Reaction score
Please call Washworld Tech Support. There are a couple of things we can do to help with DC braking.
We have been on the phone three times and Washworld was VERY HELPFUL but currently at the end of their wisdom.
It is not easy as we are overseas and rely heavily on their 24/7 support due to the time difference.
It is also not easy to work all day and then stay up all night to get hold of the Washworld support.

Some technicians are really knowledgeable, like Alex.
However, there was one technician who actually told me to "google" my problem.... :(

My "local" technician is about 1,100 miles away from my location as I am very remote. He has now left and will keep looking into that issue with Washworld.

Currently we have tightened the trolley wheels and reduced the water pressure to make it harder for the trolley to move by itself. But that is not a solution - that is a band aid.

I am very happy for any other suggestions. I will keep this and hopefully the solution on this board as it might help another person that is having the same problem. Thank you very much.

JustClean

Reaction score
You could also look at the inputs while the car wash is running…
What we did was to look at the amps on the frequency drive while running and they would not go up.
So the issue is that the frequency controller does not apply the braking when it should.
Yes, I changed the frequency drive and yes, I had also changed the PLC.

JustClean

Reaction score
Has Allen from Washworld Tech looked at it ?
No, we have spoken to Alex from Washworld and found him very knowledgeable. We hope he will investigate this issue and try to replicate the problem at Washworld.

In the meantime I am all ears for any suggestions.
To sum it all up:

The braking is NOT applied to the motor. It has nothing to do with cables, connectors, motor, prox switches, etc.
It almost looks like a software fault. But then again I was told by Washworld the braking is done independently from the PLC in the frequency inverter.
Setting the frequency inverter to show the amps I cannot see any increase of amps on that display while running it on the side of the car.
Bugger if I knew what's going on.
Cheers Justclean.

Shishakov

Reaction score
In the meantime I am all ears for any suggestions.
You can watch this parameter on frequency inverter:
d029 Torque Current Displays the current value of the motor torque current as measured by the drive
in order to see if torque really applied to motor.