What's new

WashWorld Razor Running

Etowah

IBFLYIN

Reaction score
We just got our Razor up and running this past weekend. Other than normal start up issues, crossed wire, plugged tip-everything went flawlessly. We have only been washing cars for 2 days so my experience with this machine is preliminary.

So far the things I like are:

1. The pumping plant, which is off board is well designed and looks to be easy to service.
2. Lots of flexibility in programming wash packages.
3. Clean bay floor, no guide rails, no treadle plate.
4. Speed. The installer has a 4 door, full box dually truck. We put 2 presoak passes, 3 hp passes front and rear, tri foam, another hp pass, a Rain X pass and a spot free pass in just under 5 minutes.
5. Cleaning ability: I am really impressed with the way this machine cleans. I realize a lot has to do with the chemical set up, but a lot also has to do with the machine.
6. WashWorld Tech support. Calls placed to Wash World were either answered, 90% of the time, or returned within 5 minutes. Thanks!

And the things I don't like:

1. This machine only sizes passenger and rear. No Front or driver side sizing. Given that, the machine still really cleans well.
2. When a fault occurs, the machine can't text you. It can only page you with the error code. So now I have to buy and carry a pager too? Come on, why can't it text me the fault codes?

Basically, that's all. With my limited experience with this machine, I am more than satisfied. So far, my distributor and WashWorld has exceeded my expectations.

Scott

admin@millstreaminn.com

Rick Lancelle

Washworld Tech Support
Reaction score
Scott,
Thank you very much for your kind words about the Razor and Washworld, we do strive to make your equipment purchase a good experience from day 1 and many years to come.
The question you have with limitations of using pager is actually just a standard feature which is supplied with all equipment, we do offer the Internet option which gives you the ability to receive Text and access your equipment remotely with a high speed connection.
There are other resources to provide a text with the standard dial-up modem, please give me a call and I would be more than happy to discuss those options with you.
888-315-7253 Extension 109
Thank you,
Rick

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
We use a paging service which forwards the pages as a text to us. We get the fault codes also. It is thru USA Mobility and is about $15 a month. I think I've heard of some other paging options mentioned here also.

I'm sure Rick Lancelle can help you out with this. I'd check with him first...he's our main "go to" guy :D

I really like the added features on the Razor vs our High Velocity. Many of the higher maintenance items where eliminated on the Razor...tires, festoon cables, booms, swivel, etc. I'm sure you will love the machine and the great support you receive from Wash World.

Good luck.

IBFLYIN

Reaction score
Bubbles,

Given the fact that I am in Northern Pennsylvania, yesterday we didn't start washing cars 'till 10am. It was 12 degrees overnight and warmed up to 20 by 10am so we opened. From 10 am 'till 6am this morning (stayed in the high teens overnight so we left it open) we washed 117 cars. It snowed just enough to get the roads wet yesterday at 5pm or we would have done more. I can honestly say this machine will be able to wash 150 cars per day. We had a Mark 7 GT 500 at that location before. I know you can't compare a 5 year old Mark 7 to a brand new machine, but it's my opinion that the WashWorld machine out performs my old machine in every aspect. Application of presoak, washing fronts and backs of vehicles, productivity arch, programability, and most importantly is the customer support from Wash World. They are great to work with and they will actually talk to a dumb owner/operator such as myself, instead of making me call my distributor.

The only marketing I did was to glad hand people all day Saturday and give out free washes. Yesterday I posted an ad on our local news blog advertising that the new automatic was running. I received several phone calls and emails from people thanking me for the new machine and telling me how well it cleaned their vehicle. Those people will be my best advertisers. Other than that, we have not advertised, no NOW OPEN banners and such.

Hope this helps ya.

Scott

IBFLYIN

Reaction score
Hi IBFLYIN,
thanks for the quick review. What made you go with the Razor? Did you consider other machines? cheers Justclean
The first thing that got me interested in Wash World was the reviews I read from people here on the forum. I don't recall anyone saying anything negative about them so I contacted my distributor and got the ball rolling. Before I even bought one I figured I would try out their tech support. I called the 800 number and told tech support I didn't own their machine but had some questions. We talked for over an hour. What a shock. I was impressed and pretty much sold right then. Another thing I like is they post their parts prices on their website. Sure, they are expensive, but it's not like they are trying to hide the fact.

I did call my Mark 7 distributor to get a quote on replacing our GT and during the course of our conversation I told him I was also looking at a Wash World. He said, "Oh, so you want to put in a junk machine? We offer one of those too." That was pretty much the end of our conversation. Even given the fact that I ended up scrapping my old GT, there was no trade in value unless I bought another Mark 7, I am very comfortable with my decision.

I know by now I probably sound like the poster boy for Wash World, but when I am treated like I should be after making a large purchase, I will gladly sing their praises.

Scott

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Scott. Did you pull those kind of cpd volumes before? That seems really high, but it good to hear!

kempape

Reaction score
sounds like a nice machine. just wondering, did u get an onboard dryer?did u get some version of ( upchargeable) "wheeel blaster"{ simimlar to gatlan gun}?thnx

Etowah

IBFLYIN

Reaction score
We did not get a dryer. We never had one on the old machine and never thought it was much of an issue.

I do have a gatlan gun type setup. I don't know if it came with the machine or not. I remember some talk with my distributor about putting one on. I think he said he builds his own because he likes his design better. Nothing fancy though, a couple of stainless tees and two elbows hooked to the undercarriage bar. I ended up with 2 nozzles each side and the thing sticks up about 16". Does a pretty good job of getting sand and junk off the running boards. Of course its effectiveness is relative to the speed the cars enter the bay.

Scott

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Quick question on this older post....does the Razor have the on-board dryer option like the High Velocity? I know this next question is a matter of preference, but if you had a choice between a new Razor and a new LaserWash, which would you choose and why?

Thanks,
Lighthouse.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I believe the new Razor does have that option, I don't have it on mine.

As far as which one I would choose...I don't have any experience with the new Laserwash, but I give both pdq and washworld credit, both machines appear to be very solid. I would go with the distributor you can work the best with if I were choosing between the two machines...they each have their nuances, but appear pretty evenly matched. One of the main deciding factors for me choosing the Razor was Washworld's willingness to give me whatever information I needed. There are plenty of people here on the forum with a Washworld machine already that told me their tech support was the best bar none...I guess we will see! :)

steve569

Reaction score
We installed 2 Washworld Razors in November. After the intial bugs were worked out they have been great. We have washed as high as 140 Cars per day per machine. I would recommend the internet option You can view Wash counts , fault codes an even issue free washes from your home computer or smart phone. My distributor and Washworld were both great to work with.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Bubbles,
I was searching for some Razor videos on youtube and found a new one released by WashWorld. It seems the updated Razor does not have the T bars on the sides like the one with the F-150 in the video. Does your machine have the T bars, or the new sprayers at the top corners? I would be interested in anyones opinions on the difference.

Thanks,
Lighthouse.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Bubbles,
I was searching for some Razor videos on youtube and found a new one released by WashWorld. It seems the updated Razor does not have the T bars on the sides like the one with the F-150 in the video. Does your machine have the T bars, or the new sprayers at the top corners? I would be interested in anyones opinions on the difference.

Thanks,
Lighthouse.
No I do not have those options. I have e-mailed Rich Andreas from WW to get some clarification and costing on these upgrades...looks decent to me, makes it appear like a much cleaner unit. I will update as I get information.

tobaccofarmer

Reaction score
How does it find front/rear of vehicle without eyes on t bar? Do they use sonics now mounted up top? what about stop/foward/backup? Im curious now? Thanks Wash world is definetly a great company with good support atleast they have been to me.

Rick Lancelle

Washworld Tech Support
Reaction score
Washworld Razor

How does it find front/rear of vehicle without eyes on t bar? Do they use sonics now mounted up top? what about stop/foward/backup? Im curious now? Thanks Wash world is definetly a great company with good support atleast they have been to me.
Washworld has taken the opportunity to add to the Razor Wash technology. The removal of the Y-Bars has changed the vehicle loading process with the use of wall mounted photo eyes for the stop and backup positioning and the introduction of the wall mounted ultrasonic sensors on both the passenger side and driver side of the vehicle. The new wall mounted ultrasonic sensors offer increased accuracy while measuring both sides of the vehicle.The new Razor locates the rear of the vehicle using an ultrasonic sensor mounted mounted to the carriage.An option is also available for the Razor On-Board Dryer System in which an additional ultrasonic sensor mounted on the carriage will detect a Pickup truck bed and shut off the center dryer nozzle to avoid blowing objects and debris from the bed of a pickup truck.This option is also available for the stand alone dryer systems and is completely programmable. As always, all changes to the Razor are able to be retrofit to previous Razor Wash Systems.

Last edited:

JustClean

Reaction score
Washworld has taken the opportunity to add to the Razor Wash technology. The removal of the Y-Bars has changed the vehicle loading process with the use of wall mounted photo eyes for the stop and backup positioning and the introduction of the wall mounted ultrasonic sensors on both the passenger side and driver side of the vehicle. The new wall mounted ultrasonic sensors offer increased accuracy while measuring both sides of the vehicle.The new Razor locates the rear of the vehicle using an ultrasonic sensor mounted mounted to the carriage.An option is also available for the Razor On-Board Dryer System in which an additional ultrasonic sensor mounted on the carriage will detect a Pickup truck bed and shut off the center dryer nozzle to avoid blowing objects and debris from the bed of a pickup truck.This option is also available for the stand alone dryer systems and is completely programmable. As always, all changes to the Razor are able to be retrofit to previous Razor Wash Systems.
Thank you Rick for the explanation. How does Washworld's setup differ from PDQ's or is it the same?

Etowah