What's new

Washworld Razor Pass Side Mirror Impact

Good Moody

Reaction score
I'm in process of learning the programming of the main arm and it's behaviors with proximity as it rotates to wash the mirrors. For it has made contact with a small basic pass side door mirror when the arm rotated to soak the mirror and the 2010 Ford F150 truck was parked in the proper position, what caused this to happen, it happened "twice" to the same customer, but hasnt once with any other vehicle since the brand new wash unit turned on a couple weeks ago.

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
The only way to avoid the impact is to change the fault zone settings for the mirror detailer, disable the mirror detailer all together, or set the machine up to wash all vehicles wider (i would not do this one personally) .

Good Moody

Reaction score
The current fault zones are 20, what does this number represent.?

Thanks again

The only way to avoid the impact is to change the fault zone settings for the mirror detailer, disable the mirror detailer all together, or set the machine up to wash all vehicles wider (i would not do this one personally) .

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, The fault zone settings atently 20 on each side does this repe, what

Good Moody

Reaction score
I learned that the number represents being inches, but not sure what the "end plates of the carriage" are. 20" being the measurement distance outward that the spray arch can travel.

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
"End plate" is the end of the bridge. If yours is set at 20 if the side sonars sense the vehicle is 20 inches or less of the side of the machine it will disable the mirror detailer. Although for this to work properly you also have to have the sonar offsets set correctly

Last edited:

Good Moody

Reaction score
I just visited the bay and saw that the arm is at a greater distance away from the vehicle on the driver side compared to the passenger side.

The drive side its outside of the floor markings by approx 8+/- inch, the passenger side its only about 2" outside the markings.

The settings in the controler show to be all the same in regards to this. ?

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
Start by measuring from the end of the carriage to where the side sonars are mounted each side. If it's offset one way or the other you'll need to correct the offset. Attached is a screen shot of my offsets my machine is positioned 2 inches closer to the passenger side of the bay in relation to the mounting of the sonars. In other words my machine is wall mounted not frame mounted. From the wall to my machine on the passenger side is 16 inches and 18 on the driver side. Sonars are mounted on the walls as well.

Attachments

Good Moody

Reaction score
Start by measuring from the end of the carriage to where the side sonars are mounted each side. If it's offset one way or the other you'll need to correct the offset. Attached is a screen shot of my offsets my machine is positioned 2 inches closer to the passenger side of the bay in relation to the mounting of the sonars. In other words my machine is wall mounted not frame mounted. From the wall to my machine on the passenger side is 16 inches and 18 on the driver side. Sonars are mounted on the walls as well.

Good Moody

Reaction score
Yes, my settings are identical on both sides of the vehicle displayed on the screen, but it doesn't behave that way.

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
Yes, my settings are identical on both sides of the vehicle displayed on the screen, but it doesn't behave that way.
So your settings are Identical, but is it actually physically identical in the bay in relation to where the side sonars are mounted?

Good Moody

Reaction score
So your settings are Identical, but is it actually physically identical in the bay in relation to where the side sonars are mounted?
I need to go back to the site and look tomorrow,
Should I just adjust the settings online in the meantime you think?

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
No I wouldn't adjust any measurements online, if it's only been a 1 time thing. The only thing I'd adjust without being on site would be turning the mirror detailer off. If you don't know what the actual measurements are you could do more harm than good by throwing random numbers at it.

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
Pm me your number and I'll text you so you have mine. If you get onsite tomorrow and need help setting it up I can walk you through if need be.

Roz

Reaction score
Pm me your number and I'll text you so you have mine. If you get onsite tomorrow and need help setting it up I can walk you through if need be.
You can call WW Tech Support too, they are most helpful explaining the settings as well as adjustment recommendations.
Or ask your WW Rep who installed the machine?
Never adjust settings related to measurements remotely as you probably will have unintended consequences.

We do not use the detailer function on our WW machines (5) as the motion seemed inconsistent depending on the size and style of the mirror. Not worth generating a fault, potentially hitting a mirror, or the extra cycle time as it really does not enhance the wash outcome or experience.

Good Moody

Reaction score
You can call WW Tech Support too, they are most helpful explaining the settings as well as adjustment recommendations.
Or ask your WW Rep who installed the machine?
Never adjust settings related to measurements remotely as you probably will have unintended consequences.

We do not use the detailer function on our WW machines (5) as the motion seemed inconsistent depending on the size and style of the mirror. Not worth generating a fault, potentially hitting a mirror, or the extra cycle time as it really does not enhance the wash outcome or experience.
Thanks Roz,

JForest

Reaction score
I'm in process of learning the programming of the main arm and it's behaviors with proximity as it rotates to wash the mirrors. For it has made contact with a small basic pass side door mirror when the arm rotated to soak the mirror and the 2010 Ford F150 truck was parked in the proper position, what caused this to happen, it happened "twice" to the same customer, but hasnt once with any other vehicle since the brand new wash unit turned on a couple weeks ago.

JForest

Reaction score
if you go to VS2 settings you can change the arch distance to be further away from side of vehicle. this may help with wider vehicles. especially using mirror detailer. to get there go to program menu, wash setup, vehicle sizing, VS2 tab. click of the number on each side of vehicle outline and change the number higher by one or two numbers factory i believe is 3 i found around 6 to work a little better. this will keep the arch further away and may help with impact hits altogether. i beleive we resolved this already but just incase anyone needs direction.

Etowah