What's new

Washworld Razor OE 38 Start Up Test Drive Side Sonar Fail

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We've had this Razor for a year and 4 months and it has pretty much been hands off, very few issues to trouble shoot. We have had this warning before but usually it would show up once and then we wouldn't see it again for a few months. The email notifications have always lagged terribly and the time stamps were always off. Yesterday I got two emails with this error and so far today I have gotten 6 within two hours all followed by an OE 41 System Stop. I've been able to figure out the time difference and review cameras and I see the bay is idle, the red Foam n'Flow light is illuminated, entrance door is down because of temperature then the red light goes out for about 2 seconds and the door goes up aboout 2/3 of the way then comes back down.

Lets say the driverside sonar failed 100%, will the machine not operate without it? I would figure it would simply send the arch as far wide as possible and wash. Is that a setting I need to change?

When I get on-site I will start checking wiring to the sonar but from what I can remember, from the day the unit was installed we would get various side sonar fails but they told me while the machine is idle it was normal and not a big deal.

ShinePro

Reaction score
We've had this Razor for a year and 4 months and it has pretty much been hands off, very few issues to trouble shoot. We have had this warning before but usually it would show up once and then we wouldn't see it again for a few months. The email notifications have always lagged terribly and the time stamps were always off. Yesterday I got two emails with this error and so far today I have gotten 6 within two hours all followed by an OE 41 System Stop. I've been able to figure out the time difference and review cameras and I see the bay is idle, the red Foam n'Flow light is illuminated, entrance door is down because of temperature then the red light goes out for about 2 seconds and the door goes up aboout 2/3 of the way then comes back down.

Lets say the driverside sonar failed 100%, will the machine not operate without it? I would figure it would simply send the arch as far wide as possible and wash. Is that a setting I need to change?

When I get on-site I will start checking wiring to the sonar but from what I can remember, from the day the unit was installed we would get various side sonar fails but they told me while the machine is idle it was normal and not a big deal.
What version of razor do you have ?
Mine is a 3
And what is the error code prior to the 41?

And yes the email notifications since last summer have completely sucked!
I have almost given up on them and check my units constantly on my phone

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Mine is a 3
I actually don’t know off the top of my head. This is our first Washworld so I never paid attention to version numbers. It was brand new October 2021. As soon as it was installed we had two Petit’s installed at another site so the Razor didnt get a lot of attention once it was set up and running.
The error I was getting this morning prior to the 41 was 38, which is DS sonar fail on start up.
I did notice that Saturday I had gotten several OE 41 system stop errors without any other errors. The only system stop button we have is in the JO cabinet.

ShinePro

Reaction score
I actually don’t know off the top of my head. This is our first Washworld so I never paid attention to version numbers. It was brand new October 2021. As soon as it was installed we had two Petit’s installed at another site so the Razor didnt get a lot of attention once it was set up and running.
The error I was getting this morning prior to the 41 was 38, which is DS sonar fail on start up.
I did notice that Saturday I had gotten several OE 41 system stop errors without any other errors. The only system stop button we have is in the JO cabinet.
Ok

You either have a sensor going bad or you may have some water in the box where the sonar plugs in
Depending on who installed your wash as to where that box gets located
I have a cover on the box and holes drilled in the bottom because mine is installed low next to the sonar
if we are talking about the same thing
I ll get to my wash and look in my book shortly

ShinePro

Reaction score
Calling your installer or technical support at Wash World they can talk you through this. They’re usually pretty good.

Etowah

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Our WW is a version 4.

I called our distributors tech but never heard back him. Then I got in the que for WW support. Prior to talking with them, I familiarized myself with the System Stop Circuit and pulled on every wire I could find trying to duplicate the issue to no avail. The actual system stop button simply supplies constant power to the 301 relay which completes two other circuits. The first supplies power for various motor contactor coils and the second is a DC common that is for the system stop input.

I ended up having a 40 minute call with a WW Tech which ended up involving a programmer as well. I don't understand and neither could the tech how we can get multiple 41 errors without also getting a 40. If there is no change of state, how can you get a change of state error? If I manually push the button in or pull the relay, I will get a system stop 'in' error 40. When I pull the button out or plug the relay back in I get a system stop 'out' 41 error like you would expect. Someone on the WW Facebook page suggested that when you get a 41 error without a 40 it indicates some type of power issue but I don't know how they know that or why they think that and neither does the programmer. The programmer ended up logging and putting a trace on my system stop so when it happens again, he can log back in and see what was going on at the time. Hopefully this isn't the start of some kind of needle in the haystack type of thing.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any fix for this? Is it shutting the wash down when it happens?

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Any fix for this? Is it shutting the wash down when it happens?
When it happened, yes, the OE 41shuts down the wash. The Sonar fail is totally unrelated. It hasn't happened since Monday, and I didn't fix anything, but we did have some harsh weather this past weekend from high winds so maybe it was power related somehow?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes. It says in the manual under code 40 system stop in that it may be caused if main electrical supply voltage is intermittent. If you have checked all of the other things on the list such as tripped circuit breaker 308 CB or 102CB the contacts on the system stop button, the relay 301CR,And the wiring, it seems like it might be an intermittent electrical supply voltage issue. This is me just quoting from the manual on section 9 under troubleshooting

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
when you get a 41 error without a 40 it indicates some type of power issue but I don't know how they know that or why they think that and neither does the programmer
If the power is "flickering" the UCC , the UCC doesnt know nor can send the system stop in fault because the unit has lost power. When the power is regained the UCC can send the system stop out because the system now has power to do so.

Nathan@Washworld

Reaction score
Mine is a 3

And yes the email notifications since last summer have completely sucked!
I have almost given up on them and check my units constantly on my phone
We have a fix for email issues on machines with Allen Bradley PLC's. Give tech support a call so we can get you the information on the fix.