What's new

Washworld Razor HP hose

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well luck would have it my 3/4" HP hose in the e-chain assembly decided at 4:30 on a friday was a good time to fail, called my distributor and found out that hose was almost $557 before tax and shipping from WashWorld! I had to listen to the voicemail 3 or 4 times to ensure my hearing wasn't going out. Has anybody here replaced this hose it's 211.5" long x 3/4" I assume it's just hydraulic hose with stainless steel fittings or am I wrong?

MEP001

Reaction score
It probably doesn't even have stainless fittings. It's most likely double-braided hose. It could cost about $150 from Kleen-Rite.

bobcat9095

Reaction score
Look for a place that builds hydraulic hoses locally. That hose normally costs me around $150. I keep a spare of every hose my Razor has because they always break at the worst time.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Well luck would have it my 3/4" HP hose in the e-chain assembly decided at 4:30 on a friday was a good time to fail, called my distributor and found out that hose was almost $557 before tax and shipping from WashWorld! I had to listen to the voicemail 3 or 4 times to ensure my hearing wasn't going out. Has anybody here replaced this hose it's 211.5" long x 3/4" I assume it's just hydraulic hose with stainless steel fittings or am I wrong?
So after tax/ship it'd be about $675?! 😯😰
Is that 1 of the main hoses to fail? Just trouble shooting ahead of time...

bobcat9095

Reaction score
So after tax/ship it'd be about $675?! 😯😰
Is that 1 of the main hoses to fail? Just trouble shooting ahead of time...
They will all fail over time. My e chain hose normally lasts 6-8 months at a busy wash. Exposure to the elements and the fact that it bends thousands of times make that one more apt to break faster. I have found that getting them built with non swivel ends, then getting stainless swivels will make them last longer. A lot of the time they will fail at a swivel made of non stainless material.

DiamondWash

Reaction score

Great prices and shipping isn't insane unlike some companies.

cooll903

Reaction score
look for a local place. i get mine for a saber from a heavy machine shop down the road. can have it off, new one made, and back on inside of 30 minutes.

APW

Reaction score
The fittings are not stainless and it is wrapped in the spiral rubber hose that helps it bend. That's why you have to get it from them. I thought about taking the old spiral off the hose and trying to put it on a custom hose but it seems like too much trouble. I had to replace mine last week. Didn't even get a year out of it. I changed it in 20 minutes on my Razor 3. My Razor 4 took me about 4 hours. Buy a 3/4 pvc coupling threaded on both ends and tie them together and it will take two people, one push and one pulling and you should be able to slide it back through.

SuperSuds04

Reaction score
Another vote for finding a local place, they come in great handy in a bind and some are even 24/7. I keep 3/8" by the roll being way more common but those bigger applications instead of taking up so much space I just run to a business 25 minutes away and have it back up and running as soon as I get back. Just look for local hydraulic line shops and they have mostly everything you need. And another tip as suggested above, just get fixed ends because they're much cheaper and buy swivels to connect.

Randy

Reaction score
We have a large hose shop here that is open 6 days a week. We've had that same hose fail a few times. Get 2 made up so you'll have a spare, they alway break on a Friday afternoon or Saturday.

soonermajic

Reaction score
What about ordering the "spare parts kit" from WW? Has anyone did that, & if so is it worth it?

sparkey

Reaction score
Nothing special about the hose or the spiral wrap. I have taken the spiral wrap off the hose and put it on the new hose. After about 2 hoses its time to replace the spiral wrap though. Its kind of a pain to wrap the hose which I am sure is where a lot of the price comes from. I use this spiralwrap https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/43581271?rItem=43581271

soonermajic

Reaction score
Nothing special about the hose or the spiral wrap. I have taken the spiral wrap off the hose and put it on the new hose. After about 2 hoses its time to replace the spiral wrap though. Its kind of a pain to wrap the hose which I am sure is where a lot of the price comes from. I use this spiralwrap https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/43581271?rItem=43581271
Is tjat jist the wrap, & the hose & fittings are seperate? If so, whats avg total cost on this? Might need to get just a spare ...

MEP001

Reaction score
it's a 100' roll; that must be why the high price?
That stuff is expensive. I use individual wires from meter door to terminal strip and wrap it in the 3/8" version of that. The wires are cheaper than a multiconductor cable, but the wrap more than makes up the difference.

bobcat9095

Reaction score
Is tjat jist the wrap, & the hose & fittings are seperate? If so, whats avg total cost on this? Might need to get just a spare ...
That's a roll of the hose wrap only. You really only need it for your e-chain hose and the trolley hose. It protects the hose from rubbing. As for the "spare parts kit", I'm not sure what that is.

bobcat9095

Reaction score
That's a roll of the hose wrap only. You really only need it for your e-chain hose and the trolley hose. It protects the hose from rubbing. As for the "spare parts kit", I'm not sure what that is.
I would suggest getting a spare of each of your hoses made. You'll need them at some point. Get them made with fixed ends and then order stainless swivel ends from Kleen Rite. They aren't cheap but will last forever. You'll only need one swivel end for most of your hoses. I've had my Razor for 10 years and have learned this from plenty of experience. haha

bobcat9095

Reaction score
My good buddy says don't bother with the wrap. Just replace the hoses as they break.
I've thought about that as well. The wrap costs dang much as the hose. And it makes it harder to get the hose in and out of the e-chain!. But I do think it helps protect the hose. Especially on my Razor 1 that has the old style e-chain.