What's new

Washworld razor belts

Damoni88

Reaction score
Having trouble with belts staying on the idlers. Anyone have any advice or suggestions that have had this issue? This is such a painful and tedious process it seems.

MGSMN

Reaction score
Replace the idler rollers. They are probably wallowed out and no longer roll straight on the shaft causing the belt to walk off the roller. If they didn't counter sink the washer and snap ring into the roller they would last much longer, IMO.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Replace the idler rollers. They are probably wallowed out and no longer roll straight on the shaft causing the belt to walk off the roller. If they didn't counter sink the washer and snap ring into the roller they would last much longer, IMO.
They do seem to wobble alot on driver side

Damoni88

Reaction score
When sitting in home position for an extended period of time once wash starts they come off. We recently just had to put fron two brackets on a free standing frame because the walls on both sides were starting to cave in. I have measured 151 1/2 and everything lines up. Gonna try changing idlers today and will post back.

22MVR22

Reaction score
When sitting in home position for an extended period of time once wash starts they come off. We recently just had to put fron two brackets on a free standing frame because the walls on both sides were starting to cave in. I have measured 151 1/2 and everything lines up. Gonna try changing idlers today and will post back.
Does the wash get greased every month? If so, what kind of grease are you using? The idler wheels will have some flex in them, take a tape measure and flex the idler wheel to the left and measure from the carriage frame. Then flex the idler wheel to the opposite direction and measure. If the that distance is greater than 1/8" I would change them out. You would also want to make sure when the carriage gets to the home position that it itself is sitting square on the rails. Measure from the nearest roller to the hardstop on top of the rail on driver and passenger side. If the machine isn't sitting square the belts won't be pulling evenly, and one side might walk off the idler or drive gear.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Did all the above and everything checked out. So i kept running machine in manuel mode bac and forth and a few times i would here a BANG when it went into home position. So i got on a ladder and kept running it and finally saw it. The machine was going past the flag and hitting the end stop on rail. Turns out bad prox switch. Was not stopping on flag where it needed to stop and if it reaches end stop it throws belts off. Thank you for your troubleshooting steps.