What's new

Washworld razer year round with air purge kit?

cityview

Reaction score
I was thinking of closing down the wash this season when temps are under 10, because even though i have heat and weep, my razer freezes into a pillar of ice when it gets down to 0/-10 or so.

The guy who services my equipment advised instead to replace the weep with an air purge/air blow down system, as then there would be no issue going year round with no weep or water freeze issues.

Anyone do this with the washworld razor? I searched and it does look like a factory option, but can't figure out why and when you choose what combination of heat, weep, and blow down.

fastlx

Reaction score
I'm using an older WW HV but the problem i have with the air weep is that the lines will be empty of soap, triple foam, etc when the first car tries to use it and they will complain. I just shut mine down when the temp gets very cold here, not worth the headache.

JoshsWashes

Reaction score
This will be my first winter with my new Razor and is set with water weep now but I have the option to switch it to air. The only problem I had with my old auto and air is you’ll still never get all the water out and ends up freezing the bottom few nozzles on the arch. I had always shut mine down at around 15 degrees.

my theory on that is if it’s that cold the soap is going to be freezing onto the car so you’re not giving a good wash anyways. The caveat is it’s winter and the salt helps so it’s cleaner than when it came in...??? Idk my thoughts.

fastlx

Reaction score
JoshsWashes.. Did you upgrade to the Razor? If so what unit did you have before?

Thanks,

Vic

JoshsWashes

Reaction score
Yeah upgraded to a razor. Old one was a POS Super Wash special. Not sure who made it. I acquired the wash from Super Wash 2 years ago and had nothing but trouble with that thing.

cityview

Reaction score
I'm using an older WW HV but the problem i have with the air weep is that the lines will be empty of soap, triple foam, etc when the first car tries to use it and they will complain. I just shut mine down when the temp gets very cold here, not worth the headache.
Very helpful to hear from your experience... Thank you!

Overachiever

Reaction score
Do you have doors? I have a 30' infrared heater, floor heat, and doors. I don't have the weep package or blow down on mine.