What's new

Washworld Radiantz

jeffpohl4

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the WW Radiantz? Overall it has been reliable and easy to operate but there are a few issues that i'd like to resolve.
1. I want to clean the backs of the vehicles at least half as well as it does on the sides...am i asking to much?
2. I'd like to pre soak the entire vehicle...not just the top half!
3. I'd LOVE to wash the front of the car without removing the lic plate!
4. I'd like to wash cars without scratching them! The foam brushes work well but the bottom 1/3 have mostly cloth for what i assume are tire scrubbers. cloth coupled with poor pre-soak = scratched cars! I did however add a couple spray nozzles to the UB flush to at least get the car wet before the brushes touch and I also removed literally half of the cloth from the lower 1/3 of brushes and this has helped but its not resolved! If I went to all foam would I sacrifice the quality of the wash? Referring back to the removal of half the cloth...The real issue was that the bottom 1/3 of the brushes are very dense with cloth and foam so the arms couldn't come into the car enough to clean the upper half of the car.
5. when a car is entering the wash while another is going through the dryer, mitter cloth gets blown around and can cover one of the stop eyes and prematurely activates the wash. this has decreased since i finally got ****ed enough to cut 4 pieces of the mitter off!!
6. SUV's and crossovers account for a large portion of my business, the problem is the backs of these vehicles slant forward out of reach for the brushes to make contact, furthermore when it can make contact the mitter is draped over the back so it doesn't get washed anyhow! Short of hiring someone to hand wash the backs of said SUV's what can I do...has anyone found a solution?
7. 75% of the time the mitter cloth washes the top side of the vehicle pretty decently...how does one capture the other 25%

Maybe Im to picky, maybe what I'm looking for is a unicorn and doesn't really exist! I just want to do the best job possible for my customers and I feel more can be done I just need to figure out how. This is by no means meant to be a bashing session on Washworld, the Radiantz does a good job it just lacks in some areas that I feel could be and should be addressed.

Last edited:

sparkey

Reaction score
I feel for you. I have a one year old washworld razor that has several issues that would just take some minor program changes to fix. Washworld won't do any site specific changes to improve the product. What comes with the machine is what you get..no changes. I get annoyed because if I had access to their PLC program I could fix it myself in less than an hour.

waterway

Reaction score
I feel for you. I have a one year old washworld razor that has several issues that would just take some minor program changes to fix. Washworld won't do any site specific changes to improve the product. What comes with the machine is what you get..no changes. I get annoyed because if I had access to their PLC program I could fix it myself in less than an hour.
I am currently looking at a razor. What issues would you correct? Are you happy with the razor overall?

sparkey

Reaction score
I am currently looking at a razor. What issues would you correct? Are you happy with the razor overall?
Mostly timing issues. The user interface doesn't allow you to adjust several timers that would be useful. For example, I run 2 high pressure passes back to back, there is a timer for HP delay before the machine starts to move. If you run 2 HP passes back to back the machine sits still between the passes and just sprays water while the timer times out which waste tons of water and eats up cycle time.

I finish some of my wash passes at the rear of the car. The machine returns to the front while a car is in the dryer (my dryer is inside my bay). This drips water all over the car. I want to delay the return to front or at least have a way to blow the water out of the arch before it returns to front.

The razor signals the next car to enter the bay while a car is still in the dryer. I would like to delay the next car entering so the car in the dryer has a chance to get out of the way before the next car is entering the bay.

The exit door stays open way longer than I would like it to. I would like to have the ability to reduce this time.

The mirror detailer where it rotates the arch to clean the back sides of the mirror I would like to use on my second HP pass. I can only set it to rotate on both HP passes or no HP passes.

I would like to have the ability to give longer undercarriage wash time on higher priced washes. It only has one timer that is used on all wash packages.

Don't get me wrong this is a very reliable machine. Its just that it could be made so much better with minimal effort. I have spoke with several people at washworld about these issues but they seem to fall on deaf ears.

jeffpohl4

Reaction score
You and I are in the same boat, I finally have a conference call with the VP of sales (Big woop) Rick in Tech and some engineer tomorrow. I've been calling about my issues for 9 months, had Rick come out to my site and still no resolutions. All I get is "We dont have those issues at any of our other sites" GUESS WHAT...I dont care about your other sites!!!!!! Maybe they dont care about broken mirrors, dirty cars and scratched vehicles like I do!

jeffpohl4

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a lengthy conference call with a few of the guys at WW and Gary from PCS. All in all it went well and I feel it was fairly productive, they showed genuine concern in regards to my issues and they came up with some good ideas to try out. Today Gary came up and spent about 5 hours with me making adjustments and WW did a software upgrade... We changed some wash passes around, adjusted some timing/rotation speeds...played around with a few other things and I think we are in better shape now. I'm not yet satisfied with how it washes the rear of some vehicles but I am confident we resolved most everything else. Its a work in progress but at lease we're making progress.

wash4me

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the info. If the distributors and manufacturers are able to keep us in the dark we have no choice and no voice and without this forum that's how it would be.