What's new

Washworld Profile

Etowah

br549ms

Reaction score
I went to North Louisiana last weekend and found a wash with a Washworld Profile, three brushes. Worked great, the only thing I didn't like was the loud speaker for direction. However for a very small farm town they were extremely busy, three cars behind me and one in bay every time we drove by.

Damoni88

Reaction score
The loud speaker is probably the best part of the razor. That way people have no excuse cause it tells them what to do. Just my opinion. At one of my washs i have a high velocity and it does not speak to the customers and i get so may entrance time outs because they pull to far past the stopping point and the light to back up just blinks.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Was this machine the profile max or ST, just out of couriosity what options did it have.

br549ms

Reaction score
I am not sure if it was MAX or ST, there were side / wheel blasters when we entered the bay, the profile had three brushes with triple foam, three blowers located at exit.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Ya they both have that as standard options did you get any pictures by chance

MetrobergCarWashes

Reaction score
Yeah, Profiles always do a good job. I went through one on Friday night and it did a great job!

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I like washworld and want to buy one but one of my main questions is I have been trieing to ask operators who actually own. Are all the extra options neseccary like wheel scrubbers or the rotating nozzles better as in less maintance. My other question is the PDQ surfline has two seperate bridges that can perform two different functions at once and is a fast machine, can the profile Max not the ST be just as fast on wash times with 1 bridge.

washnshine

Reaction score
FWIW - I have watched videos on the Surfline and although it has two bridges, it does not seem like a faster machine to me. I see Rykos and i5’s that have a much quicker wash cycle - the profile videos also show that it is capable of a faster wash too. I don’t own any of these machines but I am keeping my eye on what is out there because I might install one in one of my ss locations.

slash007

Reaction score
I was finally able to use a Profile last week and it cleaned great. Washing my van, my Softgloss never did a great job on the back. With the profile the back was very clean other than a small area to the right and left of the license plate. Only concern I have is that it seemed to take way too long to wash. I didn't time it, but it was longer than my soft gloss on the top package for sure. I'm guessing that can be adjusted, but not sure what functions would change. I noticed that with the Triple Foam it put it on and then HP nozzles followed behind and washed it off, but the wash was still super long.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Never went to look at one, because I felt I needed a faster machine. But I went shopping for autos in the past couple of months and here's what I've kinda observed.
All three brushes machines are slow compared to a five brush machine.
The machines with arms (ryko and oasis I5) have their brushes on arms and a faster than the others.
The Ryko is one of the fastest cloth machines I saw, but there was a compromise in cleaning. That gantry can fly on the rails on chemical passes!
The Oasis cleaned the backs pretty darned well, much better than the Ryko I saw.
It seemed to me the best cleaning machines used a motor/gearbox to travel around the car so the brushes could time and overlap each other, but they are slower than the arm machines. I believe the profile is that design.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The loud speaker is probably the best part of the razor. That way people have no excuse cause it tells them what to do. Just my opinion. At one of my washs i have a high velocity and it does not speak to the customers and i get so may entrance time outs because they pull to far past the stopping point and the light to back up just blinks.

Floyd Bell makes a voice annunciator that's $400. It can be ordered with several stock messages including stop, pull forward, etc. . It uses a 24DC input to determine what message is played. I'm going to try and interface one and use inputs and relays or a PLC from the visual sign on my wizard to control it.

slash007

Reaction score
Never went to look at one, because I felt I needed a faster machine. But I went shopping for autos in the past couple of months and here's what I've kinda observed.
The machines with arms (ryko and oasis I5) have their brushes on arms and a faster than the others.
The Ryko is one of the fastest cloth machines I saw, but there was a compromise in cleaning. That gantry can fly on the rails on chemical passes!
The Oasis cleaned the backs pretty darned well, much better than the Ryko I saw.
It seemed to me the best cleaning machines used a motor/gearbox to travel around the car so the brushes could time and overlap each other, but they are slower than the arm machines. I believe the profile is that design.
I think your assessment is correct. I have a slow site, so I think I would rather go with a 3 brush that is slower but cleans better over a faster 5 brush. Wish I had lines, but that's not an issue, so might as well clean the best.

washnshine

Reaction score
I think you are right on with that assessment. I also think the machines that have the brushes on a straight axis rather than on arms also double wash the fronts and backs of cars with the top brush extending down to the floor. This probably gives a better cleaning to the front and back but adds lots of time. These machines also do seem to move slower when brushing than the ryko and oasis machine. The ryko and oasis travel pretty quick for being in a wash cycle. I have conveyors and compare it to that - they are in line with a medium to faster conveyor speed. The profile and European three brush machines (when brushing) seem move at a speed slower than I have seen any conveyor set to.

soonermajic

Reaction score
So, 3 brushes ÷ cleaner on the back,,but takes too long

5 brushes cleans very fast but doesn't clean the back as well.

WTH? How hard is that for Ryko to fix? Bring that top brush down lower, especially on back of cars. Do i get a commission?💰

slash007

Reaction score
I think that's the problem. With the 5 brush design, the top brush can only come down so far due to how it pivots down. On the 3 brush designs, it can go all the way down to the ground since no rear brushes.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Soonermajic, have you check to see if your brushes on your unit are set to oscillate? Ryko is a solid, reliable design but the compromise I saw was at the back of cars.

I think cleaning better is more of a function of brushes mounted on arms vs brushes that travel on rails via the use of motors. The arms are a simpler and theoretically more reliable design but due to the arcing nature of a brush mounted on the arm less likely to contact all surfaces equally well. Plus, on the ends of the car rail travel brushes can greatly overlap each other.

By the way guys, there are lots of videos on you tube for various machines by car wash fans. They are usually filmed from the inside of the vehicle, but give you a good idea of wash times and a view from the customer's perspective. The profile looks nice!

Last edited:

soonermajic

Reaction score
That Profile does an awesome , but holy $hit, 8:30 for a wash (didn't see 3x foam either) only allws about 6 cph, 7 max. Not very many...