What's new

Washworld profile

Etowah

MGSMN

Reaction score
There has been a Profile in my town for about 2 years now. The station manager at this site is a friend of mine. I was told the machine was #9 built. The first couple of months it was down for a couple of days almost every week, mostly software issues. I know the top brush motor has been changed at least twice already, seems it gets noisy from water infiltration because of its location and orientation. The sensor that determines the the top brush location has also been changed. I've used and watched the wash. I think the wash quality is very good but it is slow compared to the Razor in the next bay. They also had to put up damage disclaimer signage. The tall side arms really grab any fender mounted antennas and bends them, mine included, though I'm not aware that it has caused any damage like this: http://www.motortrend.com/news/drive-carwash-causes-6000-damage-new-ford-f-150/ . Looking at the design I don't know how any tall side brush wash wouldn't be hazardous to fender antenna. My friend says the Razor is used 3 to 1 over the Profile and if they had to do it over again they would have bought two Razors.

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
There has been a Profile in my town for about 2 years now. The station manager at this site is a friend of mine. I was told the machine was #9 built. The first couple of months it was down for a couple of days almost every week, mostly software issues. I know the top brush motor has been changed at least twice already, seems it gets noisy from water infiltration because of its location and orientation. The sensor that determines the the top brush location has also been changed. I've used and watched the wash. I think the wash quality is very good but it is slow compared to the Razor in the next bay. They also had to put up damage disclaimer signage. The tall side arms really grab any fender mounted antennas and bends them, mine included, though I'm not aware that it has caused any damage like this: http://www.motortrend.com/news/drive-carwash-causes-6000-damage-new-ford-f-150/ . Looking at the design I don't know how any tall side brush wash wouldn't be hazardous to fender antenna. My friend says the Razor is used 3 to 1 over the Profile and if they had to do it over again they would have bought two Razors.
From what I have seen in videos, the density of foam is just is thick on the top part of the side arms, as it is on the bottom - that might be the reason it grabs antennas. Most manufacturers have a thinner stack of cloth on the tops of side arms.

A friction wash should not take longer than a tf - I'm not saying it does't, just seems like the programming of the machine might be slow or inefficient to cover all the cycles needed to perform the wash.

thanks for chiming in - I've been curious about this machine too.

There is something about the design of something like the Ryko or Autec machines that have been around and proven for decades.

carwashireland

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Maybe the Razor is the way to go. The only thing holding me back on an inverted L touchless wash though is the ability to wash a dirty car hood. Is this a problem? I followed the link above and that is nasty damage.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Does anybody know what manufacturer of brush they use? I know Favagrossa is the main supplier for most Car Wash Companies.